• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walking dead - did this end too low?

43 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2023 at 11:09 AM, John E. said:

im not sure if I’ll give these new shows a chance.

If you enjoyed early TWD and just got tired of the show later on, it's worth giving the new shows a chance as the new characters, scenery & storylines have finally given us something different and worthwhile. 

On 11/22/2023 at 1:52 PM, cstojano said:

TWD should be studied, if not already, for one specific reason. So many people, myself included, tuned out at the same time - when Negan killed two main characters. 

That's when my wife walked away. Definitely a major hopping-off point for many - I thought about dropping it myself then but ended up sticking with it. Around that time and its immediate aftermath was the low point of the series IMO; I think it hit its stride again the last couple of seasons but so many people had already pulled the ripcord by then. 

Edited by delekkerste

On 11/22/2023 at 6:52 PM, cstojano said:

TWD should be studied, if not already, for one specific reason. So many people, myself included, tuned out at the same time - when Negan killed two main characters. That was the end of the season as I recall and we just never cared enough to start watching again, and it wasn't like Glen was some massive fan favorite of mine either.

For me, Negan killing off two main supporting characters was a highpoint (not for the gore but the sheer jaw-dropping impact), and I'd rate the Saviors storyline as best of series.  Sure, Negan's introduction was brutal, but at the same time unforgettable . . . making me want to see how the storyline would play out.  If I'm watching a Horror series, I expect elements of Horror, I guess!  :bigsmile:

Edited by The Voord

Thought this went for a pretty healthy price. While some Adlard WD pages sit unsold for a few hundred, nice quality examples like this are going for a premium. A nice one and done example.

ScreenShot2023-12-15at7_11_38PM.thumb.png.ecf1f81c69d165d0f0993be719337f76.png

Edited by Phill the Governor