• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel spotlight #28
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Nice book, wish I had held onto mine.

My take is a clean and press will provide minimal benefit here; the front and back cover looks clean and no press will remove colour breaking stress lines; the only possible benefit being for the overhang and right hand corners.

As is I think you are borderline 8.5/9.0, so risky based on your requirement. 

Edited by Every Day A Story

On 8/20/2022 at 11:27 PM, comicjoe1234 said:

Wondering if there's anything I can do to potentially raise the condition on this. It will be apart of my first cgc submission. All I'm really worried about is getting less than a 9.0.

All you can ever do to improve a potential blue label comic is to clean and press, and in this case the appearance would definitely improve.

However, the cover tanning will remain and that could be a big ding.

Can you post a closeup of the back upper-left corner? That appears to be the major issue beyond tanning.

On 8/21/2022 at 3:45 AM, KirbyTown said:

All you can ever do to improve a potential blue label comic is to clean and press, and in this case the appearance would definitely improve.

However, the cover tanning will remain and that could be a big ding.

Can you post a closeup of the back upper-left corner? That appears to be the major issue beyond tanning.

16610893786403897340848950256568.jpg

On 8/21/2022 at 3:22 AM, Every Day A Story said:

Nice book, wish I had held onto mine.

My take is a clean and press will provide minimal benefit here; the front and back cover looks clean and no press will remove colour breaking stress lines; the only possible benefit being for the overhang and right hand corners.

As is I think you are borderline 8.5/9.0, so risky based on your requirement. 

I was really hoping for it to be a higher grade, I only got this for 100 cad. I got a offer of 500 so I think I'm just going to take it. At 9.0 or even 9.2 it isn't at that price for cgc. Love the book too but I can buy it back when I got the funds. 

On 8/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, comicjoe1234 said:

Got attached to it🤣 but lol I'll go now then to give it. 

Clearly they think they can pull out a 9.8, but that's their problem

(they really just want that 25c Newsstand variant!)

Edited by KirbyTown

On 8/21/2022 at 9:15 AM, KirbyTown said:

Clearly they think they can pull out a 9.8, but that's their problem

(they really just want that 25c Newsstand variant!)

Yeah I thought that at first too. But people here have shown me issues I never even heard of. The guy there did seem pretty excited about having it and he's been very fair with me. So why not.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:52 AM, comicjoe1234 said:

Yeah I thought that at first too. But people here have shown me issues I never even heard of. The guy there did seem pretty excited about having it and he's been very fair with me. So why not.

That's cool, sounds like you'll come out great; let me know how it goes! 👍