• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM DD163
3 3

9 posts in this topic

In going through my Frank Miller DD run this summer, I came across this one that looks quite sharp. I think it's any sort of key, but I do see copies pop up from time to time and sell for more than I would predict. A 9.4 went for >$200 on ebay today. Wondering if others will think this is as nice as I do. I haven't posted any of the key issues from this classic DD run, but they're all in pretty high grade. This is the best by my eye. I noticed that I accidentally cut off the corner in the photo of the back cover, but it looks similar to all the ones in the image.

DD163.jpg

DD163-a.jpg

DD163-b.jpg

DD163-c.jpg

DD163-d.jpg

DD163-e.jpg

DD163-f.jpg

@AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice  @grendelbo 

Maybe you two can help point me to what you're seeing that I'm not. TBF, there does appear to be a thumbprint or something above the newspaper in the trash along the spine in the 1st full cover photo I originally posted. That must have been a ghost in my comic room since I don't think there's anything actually there. I took a different perspective of the top staple and all I can see is the slightest amount of fraying, which would be normal for stapled paper? Just trying to see what you see since we often are in close agreement on other posts. 

PXL_20220823_024935071.jpg

PXL_20220823_024950913.jpg

Well if it's not color rub on that upper right corner of the front cover then the book's probably NM- or better. You'll be the better judge with it in hand, especially how the back cover held up.

(I'm actually grading some of my books now. Four of the most recent had black back covers. I am so tough on them.)

Edited by grendelbo

On 8/22/2022 at 11:35 PM, grendelbo said:

Well if it's not color rub on that upper right corner

I wouldn't swear to it (nor anything else when it comes to grading), but I think that's little pixels of yellow ink that are part of the texturing on the Hulk's arm, there's quite a bit of subtle coloring here considering the art is mostly covered by the title. We need the virgin variant to really study this :grin:

On 8/22/2022 at 9:44 PM, scburdet said:

I wouldn't swear to it (nor anything else when it comes to grading), but I think that's little pixels of yellow ink that are part of the texturing on the Hulk's arm, there's quite a bit of subtle coloring here considering the art is mostly covered by the title. We need the virgin variant to really study this :grin:

Whoops, meant left.

Screenshot_20220822-215732_Chrome.jpg

On 8/22/2022 at 11:57 PM, grendelbo said:

left

Got it. My other right 🙂 I checked, if it's color rub it's extraordinarily minor. I agree the photo highlights something. In hand I really have to take a flashlight to it and find the right angle for it it look like anything. The lighting in my comic photo station is not the greatest....

Edited by scburdet