• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Slabbed and Returned the Wrong Book

4 posts in this topic

I submitted my grail, a Star Wars #7 (first expanded universe) to be signed by Howard Chaykin.  In return, I received a correctly-labeled slab but the encased book is a lesser Star Wars #3.  See attached.  This is an egregious error.  You kept my comic.  What can be done to correct this?  Someone please reach out to me with an acceptable resolution.

CGC Wrong Book.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello Dan,

We are so sorry to hear that you received the incorrect book! Please utilize our new, self-serve Mechanical Error feature on the Online Submission form to return the book to us and we will start the process to locate your book. Simply select Mechanical Error as your service and follow the directions to retrieve your shipping label. Once you have the label, please provide us with the tracking number so we can be sure it is handled as a priority. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Tracking number is 1ZEY82718424998635.  I guess my obvious question would be, how does this happen?  I'd recommend whomever you trust with the green "Inspected by Comics Quality Control #4" stamp be offered a refresher course.  I'd like to reiterate, the slab is correct, the comic itself was submitted by somebody else.  I'm concerned you'll just send back someone else's comic in a new slab.  It seems far-fetched to think you're going to somehow locate my book, signed and at the original grade.  If you do, I'll be very impressed.  If you don't, I'll be extraordinarily frustrated.

• Administrator

Hello!

We understand your frustration! We do strive to provide the best service possible to our customers; however, human error does, at times, come into play. Once the book has been returned we will contact you directly via email on how to move forward. We do appreciate your patience and understanding.