• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Zeck Sketchbook

3 posts in this topic

Hello all- I'm new to this forum. I've be part of the Comicart-L for years and thought I might branch out a bit. I've been collecting comics since the 80's and art since the mid-80's. Many people may know me as "THE" Mike Zeck art collector as I've known Mike for many years and have accumlated a nice collection of his art.

I wanted my first post to this forum to be somewhat special and "announce" Mike's new “sketchbook”. It's something I had the pleasure of working on with him. It’s something that I thought should be put together for quite some time and it was an honor as “his biggest fan” to help with it. The vision was to begin to document Mike’s illustrious career and allow people a “peek” into Mike’s personal archives. I traveled down to Mike’s house a couple times over the last six months to help hand-pick the pieces that would go into this sketchbook. The sketchbook has a variety of unpublished pieces, sketches, recreations, pencils, and some B&W versions of published pieces. There are some great pieces that even I hadn’t seen before!

I know it’s hard to order something without seeing it, but I’d strongly encourage everyone to order a copy form Mike (contact him at mike@mikezeck.com). You can see an announcement about the sketchbook at:

http://www.mikezeck.com/pgs/SketchbookPf/sketchbookmain.html

It’s 52 pages of great stuff including:

- A 2-color "bloodsplatter" Punisher cover

- An amazing 1980’s unpublished “psychedelic” Captain America vs. Red Skull portfolio plate

- Two amazing vintage unpublished Punisher pieces – a wraparound cover circa 1985 (done right before the Punisher Limited series) and an unused 80’s portfolio plate

- The B&W art to the both covers to the Punisher Big Nothing graphic novel

- The original pencils to some of Mike’s most famous pieces including all six Kraven covers, the Captain America Annual #8 cover, the Captain America #321 cover, and the first Punisher poster

- Rarely seen art used done for Byron Preiss and Universal Studios featuring Thanos, the Silver Surfer, Galactus, the X-Men, and Spider-man and more

- Some incredible commissions including some rare “cheesecake” art by Mike – my favorite is a whimsical Aquaman pin-up (I won’t ruin the surprise)

There’s a lot more that you just have to check out. If you’re a Mike Zeck fan, this is a must have! Individual copies are $20/each + shipping. They are signed & numbered copies limited to 1,000. There are discounts for multiple copies (for 5 or more, they are only $12/each). The sooner people get their order in, the lower the number they'll get.

The book has actually been available from Mike for a couple weeks so there may be people out there who have already gotten a copy. If so, I'd love to hear your reactions. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the book as much as I do. Thanks in advance to all of you for your support.

By the way, I'm always looking for Mike Zeck's Punisher Art. If you have the original artwork to any of the following, please contact me - no one will make you a better offer!

- Any of the Punisher Limited Series covers - B&W or Color

- Any of the Punisher Posters (e.g., the one with Punisher next to the Ammo boxes) - B&W or Color

- Any of the Original French Punisher Portfolio Plates

- Any pages from the Punisher Limited Series

- Most of the Marvel Tales covers (#209-222) featuring the Punisher

- What If #10 cover

- Nice pages from the Punisher Big Nothing Graphic Novel

By the way, if anyone has any questions about Mike's art, I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Thanks,

-Chuck Costas (comiconxion@hotmail.com)

Hello all- I'm new to this forum. I've be part of the Comicart-L for years and thought I might branch out a bit. I've been collecting comics since the 80's and art since the mid-80's. Many people may know me as "THE" Mike Zeck art collector as I've known Mike for many years and have accumlated a nice collection of his art.

I wanted my first post to this forum to be somewhat special and "announce" Mike's new “sketchbook”. It's something I had the pleasure of working on with him. It’s something that I thought should be put together for quite some time and it was an honor as “his biggest fan” to help with it. The vision was to begin to document Mike’s illustrious career and allow people a “peek” into Mike’s personal archives. I traveled down to Mike’s house a couple times over the last six months to help hand-pick the pieces that would go into this sketchbook. The sketchbook has a variety of unpublished pieces, sketches, recreations, pencils, and some B&W versions of published pieces. There are some great pieces that even I hadn’t seen before!

I know it’s hard to order something without seeing it, but I’d strongly encourage everyone to order a copy form Mike (contact him at mike@mikezeck.com). You can see an announcement about the sketchbook at:

http://www.mikezeck.com/pgs/SketchbookPf/sketchbookmain.html

It’s 52 pages of great stuff including:

- A 2-color "bloodsplatter" Punisher cover

- An amazing 1980’s unpublished “psychedelic” Captain America vs. Red Skull portfolio plate

- Two amazing vintage unpublished Punisher pieces – a wraparound cover circa 1985 (done right before the Punisher Limited series) and an unused 80’s portfolio plate

- The B&W art to the both covers to the Punisher Big Nothing graphic novel

- The original pencils to some of Mike’s most famous pieces including all six Kraven covers, the Captain America Annual #8 cover, the Captain America #321 cover, and the first Punisher poster

- Rarely seen art used done for Byron Preiss and Universal Studios featuring Thanos, the Silver Surfer, Galactus, the X-Men, and Spider-man and more

- Some incredible commissions including some rare “cheesecake” art by Mike – my favorite is a whimsical Aquaman pin-up (I won’t ruin the surprise)

There’s a lot more that you just have to check out. If you’re a Mike Zeck fan, this is a must have! Individual copies are $20/each + shipping. They are signed & numbered copies limited to 1,000. There are discounts for multiple copies (for 5 or more, they are only $12/each). The sooner people get their order in, the lower the number they'll get.

The book has actually been available from Mike for a couple weeks so there may be people out there who have already gotten a copy. If so, I'd love to hear your reactions. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the book as much as I do. Thanks in advance to all of you for your support.

By the way, I'm always looking for Mike Zeck's Punisher Art. If you have the original artwork to any of the following, please contact me - no one will make you a better offer!

- Any of the Punisher Limited Series covers - B&W or Color

- Any of the Punisher Posters (e.g., the one with Punisher next to the Ammo boxes) - B&W or Color

- Any of the Original French Punisher Portfolio Plates

- Any pages from the Punisher Limited Series

- Most of the Marvel Tales covers (#209-222) featuring the Punisher

- What If #10 cover

- Nice pages from the Punisher Big Nothing Graphic Novel

By the way, if anyone has any questions about Mike's art, I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Thanks,

-Chuck Costas (comiconxion@hotmail.com)

Welcome to my kingdom Chuck !