• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

52 Mantle sells for $12.6M!
3 3

73 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2022 at 5:34 AM, g-man said:

A couple of thoughts

I bet this is more than Mantle made his entire career

And I wonder what that liver, he got by cutting the line,  would have gone for at auction?

On 9/1/2022 at 7:02 AM, Buzzetta said:

Ok so he is but we are not allowed to talk about it. (shrug)

Do you have anything new to add that hasn't already been said in the past 20 years he's been discussed here?  

On 9/1/2022 at 2:22 PM, FFB said:

Do you have anything new to add that hasn't already been said in the past 20 years he's been discussed here?  

Yes, prior to my last two posts in this thread, I was under the impression that JJJ was NOT Danny D after Mike had referred it back to CGC and said for us to drop the subject. 

Better now?  

So now I guess there is no definitive proof as to who JJJ is so I can say that I wish JJJ well.

However, whoever Danny D is and wherever he is out there, I guess I can say that I hope Danny wraps his car around a tree on Christmas.  I will hold a charity thread for the tree. 

On 9/1/2022 at 11:56 AM, Buzzetta said:

Yes, prior to my last two posts in this thread, I was under the impression that JJJ was NOT Danny D after Mike had referred it back to CGC and said for us to drop the subject. 

Better now?  

So now I guess there is no definitive proof as to who JJJ is so I can say that I wish JJJ well.

However, whoever Danny D is and wherever he is out there, I guess I can say that I hope Danny wraps his car around a tree on Christmas.  I will hold a charity thread for the tree. 

lol

It's pretty clear that it's him.  Who else would know what he knows and have insight into Fantazia and the many Mantle cards and Tec 27s that he had in stock back in the day?  

My guess is that after the last time he was outed, he'd already been here contributing good information for a few years without causing any problems, and since Steve B. is no longer with the company, there was no one with a hard on for Dupcak in the upper ranks anymore.  So they let him stay as long as he doesn't cause problems or rip off forum members in the For Sale threads.  

On 9/1/2022 at 11:56 AM, Buzzetta said:

Better now?  

You are better than that.  Wishing harm to an innocent tree like that isn't kool.

On 9/1/2022 at 3:05 PM, shadroch said:

You are better than that.  Wishing harm to an innocent tree like that isn't kool.

I’m a graduate from a certain catholic high school where you grew up.  Believe me, I’m not.  I’m probably worse.  Thanks Brother and Father Ernest. Much respect. :headbang:

The brothers would probably have phrased something far more sinister in an even more benevolent way.  

;) 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 9/1/2022 at 12:12 PM, Buzzetta said:

I’m a graduate from a certain catholic high school where you grew up.  Believe me, I’m not.  I’m probably worse.  Thanks Brother and Father Ernest. Much respect. :headbang:

The brothers would probably have phrased something far more sinister in an even more benevolent way.  

;) 

Sure, but they'd say in Latin.  Everything sounds better when you say it in Latin. 

Edited by shadroch

On 9/1/2022 at 3:16 PM, shadroch said:

Sure, but they'd say in Latin.  Everything sounds better when you say in Latin. 

I actually never learned proper Latin there to be honest.   We reviewed roots and prefixes and things like that for SAT prep but I wound up taking Spanish. 

You know what’s worse than an old nun with a chip on her shoulder?

An Ex nun who left her order to get married and was broken up with shortly before or the day of the wedding who also has a chip on her shoulder.

On 9/1/2022 at 12:20 PM, Buzzetta said:

I actually never learned proper Latin there to be honest.   We reviewed roots and prefixes and things like that for SAT prep but I wound up taking Spanish. 

You know what’s worse than an old nun with a chip on her shoulder?

An Ex nun who left her order to get married and was broken up with shortly before or the day of the wedding who also has a chip on her shoulder.

Thats oddly specific.

On 9/1/2022 at 9:55 AM, WhatNow? said:

Screenshot_20220901-095431_Chrome.thumb.jpg.698dc7e71bb371efef2d4cce418a1ba9.jpg

Is there a reason people were allowed to follow me around for 2 years and just post ABOUT ME rather than to me? ???

Also, what constitutes an agenda? Asking for a friend. 

Curious minds want to know. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 9/1/2022 at 4:43 PM, WhatNow? said:
On 9/1/2022 at 4:38 PM, VintageComics said:

Is there a reason people were allowed to follow me around for 2 years and just post ABOUT ME rather than to me? ???

Also, what constitutes an agenda? Asking for a friend. 

Curious minds want to know. 

F.O.A.D.

Perfect example. lol

This comment has been here for nearly 6 hours. 

If I'd said it 13 Smurfs would have humped the Notify button and it would have been gone in 6 seconds. 

Nothing to see here. 

On 9/2/2022 at 4:56 AM, Buzzetta said:

Better now?  

He admitted it in this thread. Someone mentioned shopping in Fantasia, and Danny confirmed merchandise they had, and corrected the other poster (sorry, can't remember who you were) on the dates.