• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about multiple sigs witnessed
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Couple questions about getting sigs witnessed when doing multiple per book. I read up on it a bit, and get the whole process with witnesses, but not quite as much about multiple signatures.

At baltimore comiccon I have about 7 or 8 books to get signed, I believe 3 of them are double sigs and 1 will be triple. Total of about 10 different creators doing the signatures. I'm assuming a witness wouldn't have time to follow me around and wait in lines for all of those, so do you just have a way to contact them specifically for the signing? Also, for multiple books they'd have the book in their possession after the first signature, so I'm assuming that's how it's handled?

Also for the witnessed fee, is there any extra charge for multiple sigs or a flat price for SS grading?

Thanks for the help! I've been collecting for a while and have dropped books off for grading before, but never gone through the SS process and just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row to make it easier on both myself and the cgc witnesses.

A lot of it depends on the show and the witness.

but the witness holds the book between sigs.

the rest contact your facilitator or Cgc directly and ask about that specific show.

Might depend on the show but at a very small show CGC had a tamper proof bag that the book was sealed into and it was given back to me, after a signing. If that's the case there would have to be a CGC rep at each signing location to remove comic book from bag for multiple signings and then return to a new tamper proof bag. When done you bring the bags to CGC booth and they confirm that the bags are sealed and then they process your order. You pay the artists for their sigs (unless it's Joe Staton) but only pay the one fee for the Signature grading on multiple signed books.

Edited by jokiing