• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Freshly Slabbed and smudge under front of case

3 posts in this topic

I just bought from my LCS a CGC slab that was graded just a few weeks ago ( so new case). So I’m second owner. They deal with hundreds of graded books so they missed the defect.  After studying my book I notice Beneath the front of the slab in the center is a smudge mark.  

i know it’s on the inside of the otter slab because I studied it with a magnifying glass.  I also know this smudge is not on the comic or inner well.  The reason I know this is this inner well is loose and has a few millimeter play in it. So when I tilt the comic upside down then right side up I see the comic with inner well shift but the smudge mark doesn’t move.  So hence the smudge must be on inside of otter shell. 

Now I know this smudge is there it drives me crazy every time I see it.  I’ve enclosed pictures of what it looks like currently circled in red ( and more smaller smudging in other parts) and what it’s supposed to look like ( labeled “Good” )  The area is suppose to be all black not the smudge and hazy.
Please  help

1D10C463-2F5C-42C4-A407-692498205553.jpeg

94FD6A93-3DFB-4D7E-895C-740EE7F2746A.thumb.jpeg.20c23602823288c749e31e7861323490.jpeg

A74D071F-1D27-4E99-A31C-F1AC95743FF0.jpeg

Edited by Comic carnival

• Administrator

Hello!

We are sorry to hear that you have a scuffed slab. Unfortunately, in order to qualify for a complimentary reholder, the original submitter would have needed to report the damage within two weeks of receiving the submission. If this was not reported by the original submitter, we do require it to be a paid reholder service. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

On 9/8/2022 at 10:42 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello!

We are sorry to hear that you have a scuffed slab. Unfortunately, in order to qualify for a complimentary reholder, the original submitter would have needed to report the damage within two weeks of receiving the submission. If this was not reported by the original submitter, we do require it to be a paid reholder service. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you for the information I’m a new member to CGC and still learning. I’ll just pay the Re holder fee it’s not that expensive.