• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions on My FF48 Potential Grade
3 3

11 posts in this topic

Good evening. I was wondering, if anyone has a moment to spare, if you could have a look at the front and back cover of my FF48 which is currently at CGC. I would love to hear your opinions on what the potential grade might be. I only have the 2 pics but the book is complete, fully attached and unrestored as far as I can tell. My biggest concern is the chipping at the top of the front cover. Does anyone know how much that may affect the grade? Thanksff48front.thumb.png.4e9a3997af9a14325e45cd7f8a3de83b.pngff48back.thumb.png.cd353f5a9ec1bd1c1b700aba07ff3001.png

Edited by JRich282

The governing (or most critical) flaws are: (1) the fraying along the entire top edge of the front cover; and (2) the oxidation halo evident on the back cover (which suggests there's a similar halo on the inside covers).  Oxidation along the book's top edge may explain why the over-cover has moved beyond the bending/creasing stage and into the chipping stage.  If this was my submission, I'd be completely satisfied to see it certified as a CGC 6.0.  :foryou:

FF48-1.thumb.png.5d336707d2bd3a88ff7c31f1270ab709.png