• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick question about submitting a signed book with a COA...

3 posts in this topic

I recently picked up a comic from Lone Star that came with a COA inside a Mylar sleeve with the book.  It was sealed with 'tamper' tape.  Is it worth sending the whole thing into CGC unopened or should I pull the COA and just send the book in?  I know that CGC will not issue a Signature Series label but will they list the name on the label if I include the certificate?

(edited)_IMG_20220914_144131878_HDR.png

On 9/14/2022 at 11:48 AM, Hibou said:

I recently picked up a comic from Lone Star that came with a COA inside a Mylar sleeve with the book.  It was sealed with 'tamper' tape.  Is it worth sending the whole thing into CGC unopened or should I pull the COA and just send the book in?  I know that CGC will not issue a Signature Series label but will they list the name on the label if I include the certificate?

(edited)_IMG_20220914_144131878_HDR.png

Whether they list the name is sort of a general gamble, but if it is otherwise illegible this might help.  But it is also a gamble that that you might not get the certificate back, or that the certificate is masking (or might cause transit) damage to the book that might impact the grade.  If the grade measures into your decision to submit, most people recommend inspecting the book up close in hand.

I'm not sure if it answers your question, or if it is even possible to know the answer. Maybe contact CGC?

Thanks.  I guess that's my concern... that I wouldn't get the certificate back and that CGC wouldn't notate the signature (which appears on the 1st page, not on the cover).

Edited by Hibou