• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest addition to my Personal Collection - thought I would share

10 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2022 at 3:21 PM, sagii said:

:golfclap:Very Nice! Sweet copy there 

You are making your dreams a reality! 

Slowly, one book at a time.  Fortunately, the books I have picked up aren't the usual Super-Hero genre that carry those huge premiums.  Not that many people fight over the Westerns or the Romance books, or even Tarzan.  But I lucked out with the Master Comics as that is obviously a Hero book, but I think that it being in the CBCS case didn't really help it bring a higher premium.  When I happened upon that Tarzan I thought that it was a spectacular book, but again, not a highly sought after title, so it was a HUGE win for me with it being a 9.6.

PDG

On 9/15/2022 at 3:24 PM, sfcityduck said:

Personally, I think 7.5 is a great grade level to aim for.  You can get very nice presenting comics, and you don't pay the huge premium that goes into effect when you get much higher. It's a sweet spot. 

White pages is a huge bonus too. I personally will accept ow-w and ow.  I stay away from cream.

I completely agree with you on every count.  I don't mind even the cream pages as I am just overjoyed to have any pedigree book in any condition!!  Or even any GA book, regardless of condition.  I try to preserve them all, as I consider myself the caretaker of the book(s) for the next generation of collectors.

PDG

On 9/15/2022 at 4:57 PM, circumstances said:

remember to post new GA acquisitions in the pinned thread at the top:

and if there are 10 or fewer copies on the CGC census (like your Hit #42) post them in my thread:

Ok, good to know!

I have had this account for years, but still consider myself a newb as I haven't posted a whole lot.

PDG