• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Team Up 141 *Grade Is In*
3 3

12 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2022 at 7:31 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Those do not appear to be Perforations (Gripper Holes), gripper holes would go through the interior pages as well, can we get pics of the inside cover and interior pages?

I have two other questions, what are these?

20220915_154208.thumb.jpg.e16b73aab78263ea2ed693d8d06506c2.jpg

It looks a little weird because of the lighting but there is a very slight bit of color loss on the corner. It's not very noticeable in person but it's there if you focus in on it.

20220916_085236.jpg

I agree these don't look like gripper holes that I've been educated about by other board members. You've done a good job pointing out defects. I would call those tears a moderate defect, so that's 8.5 tops. I suspect the other little dings will be enough to drop things to 8.0, but 8.5 is possible. I think this looks better than comics in the 7s though.

On 9/17/2022 at 7:35 AM, scburdet said:

I agree these don't look like gripper holes that I've been educated about by other board members. You've done a good job pointing out defects. I would call those tears a moderate defect, so that's 8.5 tops. I suspect the other little dings will be enough to drop things to 8.0, but 8.5 is possible. I think this looks better than comics in the 7s though.

Thanks. It presents well so we will see, and it will look nice in the slab regardless of grade..

On 9/17/2022 at 4:45 PM, chadsdsmith said:

it will look nice in the slab

I've got one too that looks great from the front, but has several mild/medium stress line creases on the back. My suspicion is that it will knock the grade down quite a bit, so I have to make a decision on whether it looks good enough (if you don't turn it over) to grade (: It's a really good cover.

On 6/8/2023 at 4:14 PM, chadsdsmith said:

Just wanted to make a long overdue update to this (I procrastinated sending it in) and let you guys know that I have not received the book back but looked up the grade.Final verdict....9.4!! 

Thanks, I have a few books with the same defects however on the top. Did it have any notes?

On 6/8/2023 at 1:53 PM, Snowdon said:

Thanks, I have a few books with the same defects however on the top. Did it have any notes?

No grader notes on this one. I was surprised that I did get a handful of grader notes on this submission, as apposed to my last submission when I only received one out of 25 books submitted. I just didnt happen to get any on this book.

Edited by chadsdsmith
grammer