• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed Liberty comics 12 - classic skull cover - precode horror - adding adventure into unknown 49

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone 

I’m offering up a scarce and beautiful cover. Liberty comics 12 from 1946. Only 25 on the cgc census. 

Grade - estimating at 1.5- 1.8 but please review for your own assessment. Cover is detached. This presents beautifully in hand, looks mid grade in my opinion. 

In the pictures, you will notice some ink or colour showing through the inside cover. After inspecting this closely, I do not believe it is colour touch. Perhaps from the printing process. I’m not an expert so please have a look at the pictures. I also noticed this on the inside back cover, which I’ve never seen someone colour touch there personally. For example, between the R and T where it shows blue inside the cover, on the cover itself, it’s not blue. To the naked eye, I see no colour touch and there are no creases being covered. That’s my personal assessment. I’ve shown a close up of some letters too, the colour looks different in the red, but inside the cover it shows to be staining. Edit - see comment below on this thread. Proof of similar issues getting a blue label. 

page quality - some pages look darker around the edges but I was able to flip through this fairly easily and the pages feel supple. I did not test near the spine (will show a pic of the last page) and am not sure if this would get slightly brittle or not. I think it would be cream to off white, or at least most of the book would be. Any additional questions, feel free to ask on this. I’ve personally never held a slightly brittle book to know If this would qualify. Again, I had no issues flipping through page by page. Nothing felt like it was falling apart, still held together well. 

Price - $850 via PayPal goods and services including shipping to Canada and the USA. 

Returns - I will allow a return if I’m notified within two days of receipt. I will only accept a return if I made a mistake or did not disclose something. I did my best to be descriptive. I encourage you to ask any questions prior to purchasing. If it’s buyers remorse or a difference in grade opinion, I will not allow a return. 

Claim in the thread trumps on going negotiations, otherwise I will use time stamps. 

Thanks for looking! 

5FCE861D-6E59-455C-94D4-1E3D389D5602.jpeg

9D9E0C89-8431-4E5B-B79F-4617CA808ECE.jpeg

1F0A03EF-70A2-42EB-A3F4-0C89D28C6293.jpeg

34BAE219-BD33-47F3-B885-0E44A121308D.jpeg

8C8BD3F9-2162-42D3-8657-CB825D6E4A7E.jpeg

3C4E58A7-ED16-46E6-AFF7-80D07969E3AC.jpeg

FAF44178-CE5F-4D77-AF79-CD055A2ACCA9.jpeg

BBB0BF63-703D-43B8-94A2-EFC382C343AB.jpeg

0C0ABB87-D4AE-412F-B8EB-37658C0A71BE.jpeg

16FE46DC-3D0A-4279-8F51-779146137ECB.jpeg

Edited by BoomCity

Love the cover and a super sharp looking copy for the grade!  I don't think that's CT either, I had an LB Cole book with the exact same type of bleed, but more of it, and it came back blue label.  Unfortunately, the book I sent in with it came back purple label / color touch.  Ha ha, go figure.  Great book, GLWTS!

On 9/20/2022 at 2:31 AM, Black Bat said:

Love the cover and a super sharp looking copy for the grade!  I don't think that's CT either, I had an LB Cole book with the exact same type of bleed, but more of it, and it came back blue label.  Unfortunately, the book I sent in with it came back purple label / color touch.  Ha ha, go figure.  Great book, GLWTS!

Thanks for this! I wanted to be forthcoming with all info so I outlined my thoughts. Glad to hear I’m not wrong haha!