• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Bring on the Deadpool and Rob McIlhenny" - Welcome to Wrexham!
1 1

88 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2023 at 8:40 PM, MattTheDuck said:

They apparently have the same writers as "Ted Lasso."

I don’t think any competent -script writer would write this stuff. It is way too implausible and dramatic.  
PS Ant-Man Paul Rudd was at the game filming Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney shedding tears as they won.  It is a wonderful story.  I was in London last months and caught Crystal Palace beating Leicester for thei first win of 2023 which put them out of the relegation zone.  Never have I seen a stadium so happy, and I have seen the Giants win a World Series and the Ducks win Rose Bowls.  But it does not come close to the scene in Wrexham on Saturday.  Amazing, inspiring, emotional, and utterly a joy to watch!

Lots of football left, but they won their FA Cup match yesterday against a League 1 side and are in an automatic qualification spot.  It should make for a great Season 3.

I’m interested to see how much turnover of the roster will take place next season. 

They will have to improve the roster significantly to stay in League One. It will fun to see how they do. It would be crazy if they could build a team in time that could make the Premier League. I would not put it past them based on Reynolds' business successes. He is quite the entrepreneur on the side.

On 4/13/2024 at 8:11 PM, kimik said:

They will have to improve the roster significantly to stay in League One. It will fun to see how they do. It would be crazy if they could build a team in time that could make the Premier League. I would not put it past them based on Reynolds' business successes. He is quite the entrepreneur on the side.

I think they can be mid table next season without huge turnover. Consecutive promotions has to be incredibly rare.