• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electronic Arts' IRON MAN single player game (TBD)

5 posts in this topic

A new Iron Man game is in the works at Electronic Arts with Motive Studio set to work on the game, Marvel Games and EA confirmed this week in a joint announcement. The Iron Man title will be a single-player game and is now an early development. This confirmation follows numerous rumors and details circulating online in recent weeks about this and other Marvel games thought to be in development at various studios.

Revealed on Tuesday following a Marvel Games showcase which did not feature the game nor any indication that an Iron Man game was coming, EA and Marvel offered some insights into what this game will be like regarding the direction the teams want to take it. Focusing solely on the Marvel hero himself, the game will look to capture the feeling

I have yet to play any Marvel game besides Spiderman 

I must say, I really enjoyed it, I have Miles Morales but haven't fired it up yet

If made in the same vein, will be a good concept

This has the potential to be phenomenal. Iron Man and Thor are 2 Marvel guys that have a lot of potential with video games similar to Spider-Man, with the ability to 'upgrade' attacks and stuff.

Hel, think of the possibilities with a Thor game. You could use Heimdall and the Bifrost to traverse planets, make Heimdall's death a plot point where you need to build a weapon to summon the Bifrost and travel off-planet, etc.

I'm very interested in this.

One to wait for until the reviews come in. Super-hero games are patchy, often mediocre or poor, such as Avengers, sometimes great such as the recent Spider-Man titles, GOTG, and the earlier Arkham Asylum / City.

Caution, rather than pre-order or early adoption for me. Hope it’s good, and can play through a few comic scenarios.

Another point to consider is that Electronic Arts is a company renowned for placing features behind a pay-extra microtransaction wall, which understandably irritates many gamers.

Edited by Ken Aldred