• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: PGM Batman 423
3 3

9 posts in this topic

I might call those color-breaking adjacent noting that sometime the lighting in these photos can make them look worse. There looks like there's a stacking crease or slight spine roll. In my unprofessional opinion, the pressing will improve but probably won't completely remove these. I would give a post press guess of 9.2±0.2. The 9.4 is an outside shot (and better if you get a really good presser and don't roll the dice on CCS). As a signing candidate, that depends on what you want in your collection. You can probably send this through modern grading & walk away with a slabbed book for <$50 plus shipping. The TM signing fee is steep, but if you want the sig, I think there is sufficient evidence that you won't lose any value on the transaction. The most recent comp I find sold for ~$800 over the summer. Prices are volatile of course, and there may be a lot more supply on the market after the event, but provided you didn't spend $400-500 for the raw book, I think it's pretty safe.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:13 AM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

This is such a great book and cover but it's a real shame it's not in better condition.( But it's condition is pretty good )....to get it signed in my humble opinion you would want one that is in better condition. If your going to get it signed I would think you would want it to grade at a... 9.6 .....................now I don't know how much a press  would raise the grade. Can it get to a 9.6 that would be my question.

I personally think this book would get an 8.5 with that back. Mine was only slightly better than this and it got a 9.0.