• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying Artist/Inker and/or Source Comic Please
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I hadn't been buying OA lately, nor posting here, but I just picked up a cheapie on eBay that I thought looked nice. It's from WaRP Graphics, but that's all I know. There are no other identifiers that I can see besides the number 4 or 44 in the bottom right corner outside the art border. I've never read Warp's stuff, but I know Elfquest was one of their main books. I'd appreciate any help anyone here can provide. Thanks!

warp graphics unknown.jpg

Edited by BuraddoRun

On 9/29/2022 at 6:12 AM, Michael Browning said:

Maybe it’s by Barry Blair? He drew a lot of Elfquest comics, I believe.

Thank you! As it turns out, I think you're right, though it doesn't appear to be Elfquest. I didn't think the character in the page looked like an elf, though her hair is covering the tops of her ears. But I looked through covers of Warp comics and none seemed to have the look, and lots of their titles were, of course, Elfquest. But when I looked up Barry Blair, I found a book he did for Sirius called Warlock 5. And lo and behold, the character on the cover of the first issue appears to be the character on my art page! Regarding the Warp board, since Blair did some work for them around that time, maybe that's simply the boards he had when he did work for Sirius. Mycomicshop credits Blair as the writer, and Colin Chan as the artist, though. Anyhow, there are only 4 issues, so I bought all 4 for only $15 off eBay. Once those arrive I think I'll find my exact page. And yes, according to the synopsis, that character is human.

Thanks again! I'll post an update once the comics arrive.

warlock5 4 comics.jpg

Edited by BuraddoRun