• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Super Heroes 13 - MidLow
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Water stain bottom bc, top staple rusty? (bc looks like rust stain), light soiling, small creases and edge-wear. 

The water stain + edge-wear caps the book around 4ish. 

It presents very well though! (thumbsu

ETA: May be lower depending on what's going on on the fc near the left hand (looks like a crease or small holes? color-touch? I dunno) 

Edited by jcjames

On 9/30/2022 at 6:33 PM, jcjames said:

Water stain bottom bc, top staple rusty? (bc looks like rust stain), light soiling, small creases and edge-wear. 

The water stain + edge-wear caps the book around 4ish. 

It presents very well though! (thumbsu

ETA: May be lower depending on what's going on on the fc near the left hand (looks like a crease or small holes? color-touch? I dunno) 

Hard to check the staples because it's square bound, but it does kinda look like they're a touch rusty, sadly. I read it as roughly a 4 as well, and agree it presents nicely for that grade. I'll be sending it for a press and clean, which should make it look even nicer.

Can you elaborate on the "fc near the left hand"? I can't parse what you mean there.

the stain is a killer. And the square bounds are structurally delicate, looks like maybe some splitting starting along the top of the spine? FC near the left hand appears to be the dark spots by the robot's hand. A good C&P might get to 4.5 & 5.0 wouldn't totally shock me depending on what's going on with the spine and those spots. I have a couple of 4.5s and I'd say this looks as good, maybe better in some respects, perhaps worse in others

Totally fair. The spots near the robot's left are some kind of scratch with some stuff stuck to it? Really hard to say what it is (it's clearly old), but I expect it'll come off with a clean. Obviously, the color break along that line will still exist, which is a shame. I was also disappointed when I noticed the water stain on the back. Those are, I think, the two biggest blockers, except possibly staple rust. It's not a perfect book at all, but glad to hear my rough expectations were right. It's a key I wanted, and definitely can't afford in high grade (just over 100 on the census above a 9.0).

Edited by burnsbabe
typo

On 9/30/2022 at 10:34 PM, burnsbabe said:

It's a key I wanted

+1 I got a copy several years ago, and it was still too pricey back then to get a super high grade copy. Mine's around a 6.0/6.5. Plus, just finding these square bound books in high grade is challenging. Many took a beating worse than regular books it seems. If you get it graded, it will still look quite nice b/c that water stain is on the back.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:13 PM, burnsbabe said:

Hard to check the staples because it's square bound, but it does kinda look like they're a touch rusty, sadly. I read it as roughly a 4 as well, and agree it presents nicely for that grade. I'll be sending it for a press and clean, which should make it look even nicer.

Can you elaborate on the "fc near the left hand"? I can't parse what you mean there.

I think you already explained it though.

Screenshot_20220930-195032_Chrome.jpg