• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick GA thread of ~20 or so books**<CLOSED>**
2 2

48 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 7:37 PM, elibowman said:

Mysterious Stories #4, Premier Magazines, 1955. Really nice copy. Spine wear, but minimal wear to the body of the cover. Deep colors and good gloss. Pages are very nice, but there is some aging to the edges of the covers including a dust shadow on back.  Grease pencil "X" in the CCA box. Complete and attached. Only four blue labels on the census. I think this one is 4.5...maybe nicer.

$115

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Take

FLASH SALE until 4pm Central Wednesday Oct 5th!  **FLASH SALE IS CLOSED**

I hope/plan to list more books this afternoon. In the meantime, here are a couple flash sale that will expire at the time noted above.

Take both Atlas series Rugged Action and Spy Thrillers for $400 shipped in the US.  **NOW $300 plus shipping during flash sale**

Take both Jungle Comics 15 & 30 for $600 shipped in the US.  **NOW $520 plus shipping during flash sale**

Exciting War #6, Pines (Standard), 1952. $430  **NOW $400 during flash sale**

The Spirit #4, Fiction House, 1953. $515  **NOW $485 during flash sale**

Edited by elibowman

Crimefighters #1, 1948, Marvel. Love this cover. Lots of spine roll, front cover pulled through bottom staple, two small pieces of tape on interior of front cover repairing a tear, rounded corners. Complete and attached. I think it’s a 2.0. 

$95  **NOW $85**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Crimefighters #2, 1948, Marvel. Another great cover. Some discoloration on the bottom staple that impacts cover and a couple wraps (not discolored at CF), 0.25-0.5” tear at bottom edge that goes all the way through, tiny splits at both top and bottom. I think it’s better than the #1, but not a lot. Maybe as high as 3.0. 

$75  **NOW $67**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Crime Fighters #13, 1954, Atlas. Last issue of the series so find a #12 and you can make a complete run. Pretty decent copy with a vertical book length crease, other minor creasing, some spine wear, pulling at the staples but still attached. I think it’s 4.0 again but maybe 4.5. 

$45  **NOW $39**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 10/4/2022 at 7:36 PM, elibowman said:

Jungle Comics #15, 1941, Fiction House. This is an amazing book that is complete, but lower grade. Cover has some minor splitting and is detached. There is a small hole in the front cover in her skirt that also impacts the first page. There is also a small hole in the back cover in the green box that impacts the last three pages. The interior is complete and attached, but the centerfold is pulled through at the bottom staple only. There is a margin tear in the back (page 57/58) that barely extends into the art with no paper missing. Presents nicely, with supple pages and no major pieces missing. I think it’s a 2.5.

$475

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit: per PM

Kent Blake Of The Secret Service #1, 1951, Marvel. Great looking book, but a couple big issues. First, it was manufactured without staples. Complete, but unattached…ha. There is a 2-2.5” tear in the right edge of the front cover in the red bar, there is a 1.5” split at the top, there is some paper missing on a couple pages of the interior only affecting the margin (this feels like it was production as the interior pages were not cleanly cut….maybe dull blades leading to the issue). But the blacks are deep and there isn’t a lot of surface or spine wear besides what is noted. Mylar all star. Let’s go 3.0 but looks a lot better. 

$55  **NOW $47**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Strange Journey #s 3 & 4, 1958, Farrell. This represents half of the whole series. #3 is glossy and flat, looking like a mid-grade book, but chipping impacting most edges and especially the bottom of the spine area. I have it at 3.0. #4 looks like a run of the mill VG, but chew impacts the bottom edge of the entire book. Dropping to 1.5 for that. 

$110 for the pair.   **NOW $99**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman