• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LF Signed Golden Age Journey Into Mystery
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Not sure if this the right area for this type of inquiry so forgive me if it's not but I'm looking for any Golden Age signature series Journey Into Mystery books.

If anyone has any or could point me to someone that might have any it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :smile:

Golden Age is an inaccurate term for JIM, which ran from 1952-1967 or 68. So that may hurt your ability to track these books down.  

The best way to track down copies for sale here is to do a thread in the Want to Buy section.  Use the issue numbers you are looking for.  For example if you want the horror books say you are looking for SS copies of issues 1-82.  If you are interested in Thor books, 83-125. 

it will help if you state which signers you would prefer, and what you are paying.

On 10/6/2022 at 6:58 AM, seanfingh said:

Golden Age is an inaccurate term for JIM, which ran from 1952-1967 or 68. So that may hurt your ability to track these books down.  

The best way to track down copies for sale here is to do a thread in the Want to Buy section.  Use the issue numbers you are looking for.  For example if you want the horror books say you are looking for SS copies of issues 1-82.  If you are interested in Thor books, 83-125. 

it will help if you state which signers you would prefer, and what you are paying.

I know for the Golden Age period of JIM that would be issues 1-22. I may be looking for a needle in a haystack as there are only a handful of these that are signed. I saw a #2 that was signed by Stan Lee but when I reached out to the seller he never responded back after multiple attempts even though it's still listed on his site so he might not have it anymore.

Will definitely try your other suggestion of posting in the Want to Buy section, however I might need to wait a while before I'm allowed access to that forum. Thanks!

Edited by Bsamurai

Vic Carabotta! He's still alive and well and even does shows! He drew stories in JIM 1, 13-16 and 25.

I believe Don Heck didn't start working for Marvel/Atlas until 1954 and did not have any work in anything between 1-22.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

On 10/7/2022 at 10:13 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

Vic Carabotta! He's still alive and well and even does shows! He drew stories in JIM 1, 13-16 and 25.

I believe Don Heck didn't start working for Marvel/Atlas until 1954 and did not have any work in anything between 1-22.

Well Pontoon - kudos on scouring GCD to prove me wrong.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:17 AM, seanfingh said:

Well Pontoon - kudos on scouring GCD to prove me wrong.

:mad:

Actually, I didn't scour GCD. Since I collect PCH, Atom Age and pre-hero Marvels, I was pretty sure Heck didn't have art in any of those books until the mid-'50s, so I looked on Wikipedia to confirm his start date there.

I have considered getting a Carrabotta signature in the past and own a copy of JIM #14, which he has a story in, so I did in fact look on GCD to see what other early issues applied in his case.

And I was just trying to be helpful to a new member. There's so many azzhats posting these days I often don't bother.

And since we're on the subject Smartyharmonpants, Don Heck died several years before CGC was founded.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

:mad:

Actually, I didn't scour GCD. Since I collect PCH, Atom Age and pre-hero Marvels, I was pretty sure Heck didn't have art in any of those books until the mid-'50s, so I looked on Wikipedia to confirm his start date there.

I have considered getting a Carrabotta signature in the past and own a copy of JIM #14, which he has a story in, so I did in fact look on GCD to see what other early issues applied in his case.

And I was just trying to be helpful to a new member. There's so many azzhats posting these days I often don't bother.

And since we're on the subject Smartyharmonpants, Don Heck died several years before CGC was founded.

I think your friendly sarcasm meter is broken, Spoon. I should have put a smiley face at the end like a twelve year old girl. And I was thinking about D ick Ayers, not Don Heck.  So my own dumbness did me in.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:05 AM, seanfingh said:

I think your friendly sarcasm meter is broken, Spoon. I should have put a smiley face at the end like a twelve year old girl. And I was thinking about D ick Ayers, not Don Heck.  So my own dumbness did me in.

Uh-oh. I was just trying to be snarky/sarcastic myself! :sorry:

:foryou:

Appreciate the info everyone! 

I've been researching this for a while and familiar with Vic and the Journey's he's worked on. There is 1 single signature copy of issue #1 on the census which could be his signature, however according to what's on the census the other signed issues are not any he's worked on.

That signed issue #1 could also be Heath or Ayers, but I guess only CGC and the person who owns it would know for sure which sig is on that solo copy (shrug)

Edited by Bsamurai