• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Marvel SA FF books, SA and early BA spideys, and more silver age books-
4 4

67 posts in this topic

Listing some books today. All golden age DC books, batman, tecs, actions, superboy, adventure comics and world's finest. Please click my kudos thread to see feedback on deals I've done over the last couple years. it's right under my picture. 

RULES:

No PL/HOS members

First “Take it” posted in the sales thread wins. If we reach a deal via PM, I will mark the book SOLD in the thread as soon as I am able. If someone takes the book before I am able to mark it sold, they will be the winner. 
Please don’t make comments with quoted book posts, other than taking a book, as this can be confusing. 

Payment: I accept Paypal, checks and USPS money orders as well. checks must clear before I can ship. payment is due within three days of my invoice or message with total. 

Shipping Terms: USA shipping ONLY.  USA  $8 shipped via USPS.  I do not ship to other countries unless you clear it with me first and we agree on shipping cost. 

Returns/ Refunds: I will take returns within one week of your receipt of the book, as long as the book is returned in the same condition as when it left here. You cover return shipping unless i made a mistake or my grade was wrong. My goal is for every buyer to be satisfied with their purchase.

Please ask any questions before committing to buy.

Edited by alexgross.com

ACTION COMICS 254 First Bizarro vs Superman book-

This is about a 5.0 book VG/FN. Could use a press if you are into that sort of thing. Bright OWWP page quality. 

Gpa 4.5 sold for $400 this month, overstreet has 4.0 at $231 and 6.0 at $493. 

MY PRICE -SOLD

IMG_8553.jpg

IMG_8557.jpg

IMG_8555.jpg

IMG_8554.jpg

IMG_8556.jpg

Edited by alexgross.com

World's Finest 18 from 1945! 

This book is in really nice condition for the age. A bit of spine wear. However, sadly, the last page has detached. Otherwise i have it as a FN, but given this, it is a 3.0 

Overstreet says a 4.0 is $328.

My Price: $150

IMG_8562.jpg

IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_8564.jpg

IMG_8563.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

IMG_8567.jpg

Edited by alexgross.com

another ten cent batman- Detective Comics #115

this one is sound, no chipping and minor creasing. its major defect are several wormholes that go all the way through the book. please see pics. 

i call it a 4.0 VG. Overstreet is $226 for a 4.0,

my price- SOLD

IMG_8486.jpg

IMG_8489.jpg

IMG_8488.jpg

IMG_8490.jpg

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

Edited by alexgross.com

Adventure Comics 253- the first meeting of Superboy and Robin from 1958-

clean and tight copy, one chip missing from top of cover, otherwise no chipping. i make it a 5.5-6.0 FN. Overstreet says $126

my price- $75

IMG_8581.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

IMG_8582.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

Edited by alexgross.com

Adventure Comics #110 from 1946! Only 8 unrestored copies on the CGC census!

Really nice, clean copy. very light foxing inside on first and last pages. hard to believe a raw book this old can be so tight. one crease on cover top right which does not break color. 

it's a 6.5 or 7.0 FN to FN+  no recent sales in grade. Overstreet says $300 but i think he's low on this, plus it seems a bit cleaner than a 6.0. 

my price- $199

IMG_8568.jpg

IMG_8569.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

IMG_8571.jpg

Edited by alexgross.com

Action Comics 241- the first fortress of solitude!

nice copy with what looks like a subscription crease down the middle. otherwise tight, good color and good staples. 

a 4.0 cgc copy sold last month for $276 and a 5.0 for $375.

my price- SOLD

IMG_8572.jpg

IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_8573.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg

Edited by alexgross.com

On 10/8/2022 at 4:10 PM, alexgross.com said:

another ten cent batman- Detective Comics #115

this one is sound, no chipping and minor creasing. its major defect are several wormholes that go all the way through the book. please see pics. 

i call it a 4.0 VG. Overstreet is $226 for a 4.0,

my price- $150

IMG_8486.jpg

IMG_8489.jpg

IMG_8488.jpg

IMG_8490.jpg

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

:takeit:

Batman Annual #1 (Giant) 1961

clean, glossy copy. very tight staples as you can see in my pics. good corners, some scratches on batman logo, and some foxing inside book. i call this a 6.0 FN copy. 

gpa this month was $350 for a 6.0 and $408 for a 6.5. 

my price- SOLD

IMG_8711.jpg

IMG_8712.jpg

IMG_8714.jpg

IMG_8715.jpg

IMG_8713.jpg

IMG_8716.jpg

Edited by alexgross.com