• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would win in a battle Spider-man or Wolverine?

Who would win in a battle?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a battle?

275 posts in this topic

Here's the scenario: Wolverine slices up Gwen Stacy right in front of Spidey. Peter goes on a berserker rage of his own, webs up Logan....and before he can slice his way out....Spidey smashes Wolvie into unconsciousness. While unconscious, Spidey carries him up to the top of the tallest building in NYC and throws him off. Once Peter comes to his senses, and realizes what he's done....he removes his web-shooters, and calmly walks off the edge of the building himself. Having witnessed these horrific events, the Beyonder brings both heroes back to life, knowing very well that the world needs both of these heroes. He comtemplates bringing Gwen Stacy back to life as well, but realizes that her death is what made Peter Parker the hero he is today.

Spider-man has Spidey Speed, Spidey strength,Spidey Sense,Spidey Grip and Spidey Web.

Wolverine has his claws, razor sharp senses, Healing power,Cut loose attitude

Clear winner Spidey on the Spidey speed and Spidey Stength alone would dominate Wolverine.

Davidking623 laugh.gif

I would say that just based on speed alone, he'd be too quick for Wolverine

And combining the speed with his ability for more long-distance attacks via webbing and also web-swinging - well - don;t think Wolvie would have a chance - with one exception. Now based on the Spiderman I know (early 80's at best) and the Wolverine I know (ditto) - Wolverine could be considered more heartless. That may earn him an advantage.

I'm going to have disagree with everybody... if it's a battle to the death, I don't think spidey could kill wolvie without getting close enough to be tagged by the claws at least once... and then it's spidey skewer time cool.gif

if it's a battle to the death, I don't think spidey could kill wolvie without getting close enough to be tagged by the claws at least once.

I don;t know. Spidey's speed is completefully unfollowable. He could whip a few pieces of mortar (old gargoyles or whatever) onto Wolvie faster than you can click Enter. Follow it up with a well aimed spider-wrap so Wolvies arms are pinioned but the webbing is out of claw reach and more shrapnel. Maybe finishing with a full body wrap and a dropping into a handy nitric acid tank and we may have This Issue: Wolverine Dies!

But that just don't sound like Spidey!

Do we have any idea just how strong Wolverine is? It's possible that since he was able to wrap up Kingpin in a full cartridge of webbing, it'd be possible for him to do the same to Wolverine?

Brian

I'm going to have disagree with everybody... if it's a battle to the death, I don't think spidey could kill wolvie without getting close enough to be tagged by the claws at least once... and then it's spidey skewer time

First off, anyone could potentially kill in a "it's you or me" situation. I don't think Spidey would have an ethical dilemma if it came down to kill or be killed. I don't think ANYONE would have a dilemma about that.

That being said, it would never have to come to that. Spidey is faster and Stronger. He can military press a bus, and can probably do more. And as others have stated, he's faster and more agile. If need be, he could knock Wolverine out cold long before it got to a point where he had to kill him. With his strength and agility, a few properly landed hits would put Wolvie out.

Now, if it was a close quarters match where Spidey couldn't move around much for some reason(small space) and it came down to pure hand to hand combat, Wolvie would win since he is probably a better pure fighter, and Spidey wouldn't really be able to block his claws.

But in a regular combat situation, Spidey rules the day.

Btw, Spidey has beaten up Hulk before

And Juggernaut too. He's a resourceful little bugger.

If it was a fight to the death, it would come down to which one was Marvel's most valuable commodity. tongue.gif So the winner.........Spidey. grin.gif

For those in doubt, check out the Secret Wars mini series, in one issue (4??)Spider-Man defeats the whole of the X-Men without even breaking sweat. Wolverine couldn't even beat Spider-Man with all his friends in tow. smirk.gif

Spidey is just tougher and has years more experience in the fighting department.He is, simply put, The Man of the two.Way to bring that voting of spidey up.I would hate to lose to my Son on that poll as that is what we are going by.Thanks board members on voting.

Davidking623 smile.gif

>>It's funny. When I first saw this post, I immediately thought of SECRET WARS #3. Those two panels where Wolverine leaps at Spider-man, and Spidey SWATS him away. That is the exact image that came to mind.

My thoughts exactly, and there have been other similar encounters between the two. Spidey is a pretty tough character; he's much faster, stronger and quicker than Wolvie, and both have external weapons (claws vs. webs).

Spidey takes it no problem.