• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake Alex Ross Seller and FAKE Frank Frazetta art on Ebay

15 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2022 at 5:33 PM, Overthetopinc said:

I don't think that Alex Ross is fake.  It's not the published piece but a study so not worth that price.

It sold on ebay in 2019 for $900.

Malvin

On 10/9/2022 at 9:28 PM, Overthetopinc said:

Malvin, with all do respect that is 100% a Fake! Without a shadow of a doubt. Look at the signature. He could not even do it straight. 

What I am curious about are the Frazetta's. Those might be real but that Ross is a Fake, No question!

Hi Matt,

OK, I look at the signature and it looks off too, I stand corrected.

I did see a similar scan sell on ebay on $900, not sure if its the same fake or that there is a real one out there that looks similar.

Malvin

On 10/9/2022 at 11:30 PM, Overthetopinc said:

No worries brother. You have been a long time collector so I was surprised when you mentioned it. What is the deal on the Frazetta's?

They have a coa that looks legit. Seems like a good buy,no?

Thanks for understanding 

Don't know much about Frazzeta so can't comment sorry 

Malvin 

On 10/10/2022 at 2:30 AM, Overthetopinc said:

No worries brother. You have been a long time collector so I was surprised when you mentioned it. What is the deal on the Frazetta's?

They have a coa that looks legit. Seems like a good buy,no?

I will preface this by saying that there are much more experienced Frazetta experts than me who I would defer to. That said, I personally would ask the seller some questions, like: are they a member of the Frazetta family or the museum's board? If not, how did they get the things they are selling? (A bunch of similar painted prints.) And how much of the color is hand-painted by Frank Frazetta? The whole image or just the streaks in the background? My gut says this is legit in the sense that the seller is associated with the Frazetta family and the signatures are real, but it's unclear how much actual original artwork Frank Frazetta actually did. If he hand-painted all the color then I feel it could be worth the money, depending on how much you like it. If it's just the background streaks that are hand painted, I personally wouldn't buy it...I'd spend a bit more and get a penciled figure study or something. But your mileage may vary!

On 10/12/2022 at 6:51 AM, Twanj said:

But how can it be fake if it has a Certificate of Authenticity?

/s

Wait. No one is jumping on this "Basquiat" for $3150 broken down into 24 easy payments?:roflmao:

This painting was was🚩 found as you see it, as is, no modification or cleaning has been done to it.  Has 🚩not been taken to anyone for authentication and therefore is 🚩sold “in the school/ manner of the artist.  If the buyer wants to have it authenticated, that is solely up to them, but 🚩I can’t claim anything because no paperwork or provenance accompanied the painting. 🚩Be aware of this before you buy it. :facepalm:

Picture 1 of 7

On 10/12/2022 at 6:41 AM, Overthetopinc said:

Interesting nobody on this board seems to be interested in the Frazetta Fakes. You know many of these have sold.

It's not that. Thank you for bringing this to the thread's attention. It's because we have another thread I think started by Glen Gold where most fakes or suspected shenanigan dealers have the spotlight thrown on them. CGC should have pinned it to the top of the first page but it's not. I can't remember the thread name anybody? Something like "why you shouldn't buy this "Kirby."