• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The grade is in!!! - PGM Sensation Comics #47
3 3

14 posts in this topic

Very nice. Do I see a chip out of the top edge on the back and some tearing around the bottom staple? My first though was the front could be in the 7.5/7.0 range with the slight creasing & rounded corners. Maybe down to 6.5/6.0 with the back cover, but my calibration on GA grading is terrible. In my limited recent experience, they often come back higher than I expect.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:37 PM, scburdet said:

Very nice. Do I see a chip out of the top edge on the back and some tearing around the bottom staple? My first though was the front could be in the 7.5/7.0 range with the slight creasing & rounded corners. Maybe down to 6.5/6.0 with the back cover, but my calibration on GA grading is terrible. In my limited recent experience, they often come back higher than I expect.

I agree, that is a very nice book. 

And I think you have highlighted all the specific defects I saw as well.  The only other consideration, and it is tough to tell without having the book in hand, but it seems the front cover might be a bit faded.  Nonetheless, even with the accumulation of minor defects I could see this grade as a 6.0 (Fine) or 6.5 (Fine +) or even higher.  To the original poster, if you do submit it, please let us know what it comes back as, thanks. 

On 10/10/2022 at 10:46 AM, DWL said:

And I think you have highlighted all the specific defects I saw as well.  The only other consideration, and it is tough to tell without having the book in hand, but it seems the front cover might be a bit faded.  Nonetheless, even with the accumulation of minor defects I could see this grade as a 6.0 (Fine) or 6.5 (Fine +) or even higher.  To the original poster, if you do submit it, please let us know what it comes back as, thanks. 

I definitely will.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:46 AM, DWL said:

I definitely will post the results. Being new to sending golden age books in, I’m not really sure about having having it cleaned and pressed.

On 2/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

Are those scuff marks on the cover of the slab ?  If they are ..it seems like a lot of them....is this unusual ?  I don't recall seeing any scuff marks on any of the slabs I have got back from CGC.....Even though it's a small amount I have slabbed.

No, there are no scuffs. Not sure why that showed up that way in the pic.