• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about certificate of authenticity and signatures in general

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've never submitted a comic before and wanted to ask some questions before I do. If a comic is signed and has a certificate of authenticity is the certificate packaged with the comic, or would it be outside the packaging? Would there be some sort of indication on the label that it's authentic? Also, I have a comic that I believe is signed by the actors who played the characters in the movie. I'm wanting to get those signatures authenticated as well. Is that a service CGC offers? I know there's some other resources out there that I've used for cards, but if I can get it authenticated and graded at the same time that would be ideal.

Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello! We are so happy to hear that you are interested in submitting with us. At this time we do not accept COAs for signatures and we ask that they are not sent in with comics as they could get separated from the books and lost. COAs will not be encapsulated with the books as we do not slab any insert with the books themselves.

CGC does not authenticate signatures that were not witnessed by a staff member or facilitator of CGC. This means we will not be able to accept third-party COAs or authenticate signatures on your behalf. Any books received with an unverified signature will receive Green Qualified label and note that there is a name written on the front of book in marker or something close to this. 

image.png

On 10/10/2022 at 9:13 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello! We are so happy to hear that you are interested in submitting with us. At this time we do not accept COAs for signatures and we ask that they are not sent in with comics as they could get separated from the books and lost. COAs will not be encapsulated with the books as we do not slab any insert with the books themselves.

CGC does not authenticate signatures that were not witnessed by a staff member or facilitator of CGC. This means we will not be able to accept third-party COAs or authenticate signatures on your behalf. Any books received with an unverified signature will receive Green Qualified label and note that there is a name written on the front of book in marker or something close to this. 

Thank you!