• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm out of the game- sold it all!!!!!!!!!!
2 2

63 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2022 at 2:13 PM, shadroch said:

As of this moment, I have a handshake agreement , and a big deposit,  for a gentleman to buy not only the rest of my comics but everything else I choose to sell- my toys, my western goods, my recycled metal sculptures and anything and everything.  It's amazing how small transactions can blossom almost overnight.   A return buyer had an appointment to buy a box of Marvel Masterpieces and I was hoping to sell him some more. When he started looking around, he asked to take a few photos and in minutes we were discussing a bigger deal and after we both thought it over overnight, I presented my terms and we had our agreement.  I keep my toy soldier collection, my coins/ precious metals and pre1970s cards and memorabila. He gets all the non-military toys, post 70 sports stuff, ect,ect.  We estimate three truckfulls.  Knocking off $300 a month for storage space is an unexpected bonus. 

I've got mixed feelings. It's hard to let go but I'm wondering if this will really be the end or will I start over with a clean slate.  I still have a good amount of stuff on consignment, but I'm not planning on replacing items as they sell. 

Retirement? New travel trailer? :popcorn:

I'm free to travel.  Hoping to attend some Yankee World Series games in LA.

Honestly, this was so unexpected. I'd just rented another storage unit as I need to vacate this house by November 1st. Luckily, they are both month to month leases. I had a buyer coming down from Colorado and someone in LA wanting to come. 

On 10/12/2022 at 4:25 PM, grebal said:

You too?  I saw the same post by the same member not that long ago.  But maybe it was in a sales thread? Dunno.

No, it was here in general