• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Hopalong Cassidy #1
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hello and thank you for your help grading my Hopalong Cassidy #1 please.

The centerfold plus 2 more layers of paging is loose form the center staple.  Total 3 layers of paging loose from centerfold.  Interesting these loose pages because they are being held together and the bottom edges of a couple are shorter like maybe they have been cut?  I was also told that they did some strange things when making books that long ago so I don't know if this is natural or if it has been worked on somewhere down the line?

And it looks like a piece of tape was removed or fell off at the bottom spine corner.

I tried to get better/ natural lighting from a window for these pictures.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

this might be one of those green vs. blue situations if it is better graded minus the structural issues. I think the spine issues (pieces missing?), color breaking creases and discoloration would put this around a 3.5±0.5 universal. Then do the loose pages knock it down a grade, or you land at the higher grade with a green label & notes.