• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Grade Is In] PGM Silver Surfer #16
3 3

10 posts in this topic

8.5±0.5. I'd be a little concerned if the top edge is discoloring/foxing/oxidizing. Can't say for sure, but the inside of the top cover and the back cover upper edges look a little darker to me. CGC isn't kind when it comes to this for some reason. Nice book, great cover.

On 12/20/2022 at 3:05 PM, Mars76 said:

Looks nicer than a 7.5.

+1. I see in the notes that there's fading in the TLFC corner, and soiling on cover. Not sure I see the fade in the photos. Not sure about the soiling either. Maybe it means the edges on the back? IDK. The other outcome of this post was I bought a copy of this book b/c I liked it too much :ohnoez:

On 12/20/2022 at 2:47 PM, scburdet said:

+1. I see in the notes that there's fading in the TLFC corner, and soiling on cover. Not sure I see the fade in the photos. Not sure about the soiling either. Maybe it means the edges on the back? IDK.

I don't see much soiling if any, that would be worth mentioning.  There is some tanning or foxing on the rear cover, but it doesn't look bad in my opinion.

You can see some fading in the green area TLFC on the spine-side of the surfer.  The green goes to a more blue-green near the spine.  I think that is what was flagged in the grader notes.  But the black areas below near the spine don't show any fade or color change.

On 12/20/2022 at 2:47 PM, scburdet said:

The other outcome of this post was I bought a copy of this book b/c I liked it too much

I think this is a great cover.  Classic good versus evil.  Plus you have two of Marvel's most powerful characters foregoing their other powers and resorting to MMA-style combat in the middle of NYC.  No cosmic blasts to be seen.