• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN, WHATS YOUR GUESS? Haunted Thrills 15
2 2

12 posts in this topic

A very cool book -- one of my favorite pre-code titles.  (worship)  However, I'm not a big fan of spine roll that's severe enough to result significantly misaligned/fanned pages.  So it's a 4.5/5.0 from me (with a bump to 5.5 with a proper corrective press).  Let's hope your grader was less of a hanging judge.  :foryou:  :hi:

Some solid guesses 👌. This seems to be a very very difficult book to come by. I managed to find it in a drawer at a local comic shop of random golden age goodness. This is the 9th copy graded on the census and now the single 2nd highest copy with two 8.0’s higher. So pretty cool.

Also interestingly, of the 11 CGC Haunted Thrills registry set owners, not a single one has a copy of this issue. At least not graded. Found that surprising.

AE6318AD-27A9-40CD-9CEB-01309F5428C8.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 10/22/2022 at 7:23 AM, JollyComics said:

Pressed?

Yeah it was. But I believe these photos were post pressing. My go to local presser isn’t doing as good of a job on some things anymore, because pretty sure as zzutak mentioned the roll could have been fixed. I’ve actually started using CCS more now.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 10/23/2022 at 1:27 PM, grendelbo said:

Nice book. I would've called it a 5.0/5.5. I'll always bump to that "tweener" grade if an old black cover holds up decently like your copy does.

Yeah I mean the biggest issue was the color breaking creasing along the spine area. Even with the roll, if that wasn’t there probably a 6.5ish.

7D96CFBD-7995-4CB8-991B-F321A80BA151.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1