• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was this book trimmed?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Well, it doesn't help that you don't show us all the way to the bottom of the first copy. But, in general, there's nothing abnormal here. Comics are not precision-crafted books, and some variation in alignment and wrapping is entirely acceptable.

Heck, there are early Silver Age books that didn't even leave the factory rectangular.

On 10/22/2022 at 2:20 AM, Qalyar said:

Well, it doesn't help that you don't show us all the way to the bottom of the first copy. But, in general, there's nothing abnormal here. Comics are not precision-crafted books, and some variation in alignment and wrapping is entirely acceptable.

Heck, there are early Silver Age books that didn't even leave the factory rectangular.

It's on ebay and that's the only photo which also made me nervous he was trying to hide something at the bottom.

On 10/22/2022 at 12:20 AM, Qalyar said:

Comic printing/manufacturing has generally improved quite a bit over time, but there are also Modern books that didn't leave the factory rectangular.

To the OP: That cut on a book that's 40 years old is nothing unusual at all and doesn't affect the CGC grade. But that doesn't mean I would pay a 9.6 price for it. If somebody else would, that's their choice.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:25 PM, Lazyboy said:

Comic printing/manufacturing has generally improved quite a bit over time, but there are also Modern books that didn't leave the factory rectangular.

To the OP: That cut on a book that's 40 years old is nothing unusual at all and doesn't affect the CGC grade. But that doesn't mean I would pay a 9.6 price for it. If somebody else would, that's their choice.

Yeah I found a non-graded cop[y cut similarly. It's starting bid was about half of other 9.6 which piqued my interest. 

On 10/23/2022 at 3:10 PM, mephistopheles said:

Yeah I found a non-graded copy cut similarly. It's starting bid was about half of other 9.6 which piqued my interest. 

Personally, I'd keep looking until I found a nice copy that wasn't miscut. Why settle for less?