• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk R' Us PM me with your wants

4 posts in this topic

I picked up an original owner long box of incredible hulk that varies in grade.

Earliest issue is around 120 up through the 400's and newer. From about #210 on the books are unread, white pages, and there are many that I would call 9.6, 9.8 etc. The best of the best are quite incredible. These books are generally inexpensive, but many could easily be top census. These are the type of books that you send in for pre-screening at the 9.6 level. The collector must have hand selected all of these as there is no spine or handling wear on most of them. They were stacked in a long box, back to back without bags for the most part. Some of the older ones were in the old yellowing bags from the 70's. A few have storage flaws or bumps and a every now and then I see a bindery chip from production. These are not the ones that I consider 9.6 or higher.

The early issue conditions are sporadic with most in the Fine or better range.

I don't have the books in front of me, but going off memory,

The 141 is Fine or better

The 162 SOLD

The 180 is exceptional VF/NM or so, I'll send scans to anyone interested.

The 181 is quite nice VF- or so with a pen arrival date

The 182 is also quite nice VF or so.

I will edit this grading once I get home to verify.

The 25 cent cover group in the run have the same pen date stamp mark (like a pedigree mark, if you owned one, you'd recognize another.)

The McFarland issues are all immaculate.

The 340 is immaculate 9.6+.

These are easy for me to get to right now, so if you have a number you want and minimum grade, I'll check for you. This is much easier than checking for people that need issues out of my collection. These are nicer than my copies that I personally bought off the stands, didn't read and stored.

Pricing will be reasonable and offers are always welcome.

The 202 is not one of the nicest of the group.

I'd say this is easily a VF- (7.5) and could be higher. (I originally thought F/VF but was being really harsh)

No real creases to speak of .

The flaws are:

Minor corner bump upper left corner and very very minor corner bump bottom left.

The other two corners have very insignificant wear, but are not razor sharp.

3 or 4 extremely tiny spine ticks.

The back cover has a small printers crease about 1" long 994639-ComicBook0595.JPG

994639-ComicBook0595.JPG.9c27e41e4daaa0e34ca93100790451c9.JPG