• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm still in shock on this recent purchase

32 posts in this topic

I'd be excited if I'd just picked them up myself. Unless you paid top dollar, I wouldn't worry too much about your grades vs. board grades. You have the advantage of having the books in hand and many here err on the conservative side when picking a grade. They are all nice looking copies, especially the #2-#4.

I'd probably go half a grade lower on each of them, but wouldn't be surprised if they came back from CGC with the stated grades and would not complain if I bought them at those grades.

i think the #2 is the nicest of them all, 9.0 would seem ok on that even with whatever is going on at the bottom (I'd probably play it safe and say 8.5 to 9.0), the #3 has a corner crease and should be lower, 9.0, and 6.5 seems right on the avengers 1, although I've seen CGC 7.0s on par with that

I think everyone is way to high on the Avengers #1. There is some serious wrinkling on the spine of the front and back cover that would appear to be moisture damage and that would most like bring the book down to the VG range.

The #2 looks great. Honestly, it almost looks like a book if you pressed out the creases, it could be a CGC 9.2 or even a CGC 9.4.

The #3 looks decent but there is actually a lot of spine stress on the back cover which should put it more in the VF to VF- range.

I think everyone is way to high on the Avengers #1. There is some serious wrinkling on the spine of the front and back cover that would appear to be moisture damage and that would most like bring the book down to the VG range.

The #2 looks great. Honestly, it almost looks like a book if you pressed out the creases, it could be a CGC 9.2 or even a CGC 9.4.

The #3 looks decent but there is actually a lot of spine stress on the back cover which should put it more in the VF to VF- range.

Steve,

I guess you didn't see my grades . . . grin.gif

hi.gif

gossip.gif And the puckering has to be from moisture . . . I think there's a bit of rust on the LS as well . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

av1bc.jpg

Grades are fairly close, IMO. 7.0 seems right for the #1. I'd probably go a half grade lower on the #2 and #3.

BTW, regarding the unusual puckering on the back of the Avengers #1...

My bet is that this moisture puckering is the result of a bad press job (too much moisture used and not pressed properly), or the entire book had moisture rippling and this is what the press job DIDN'T take out.

The moisture pattern is too strange to be caused by regular ol' moisture exposure.

av1bc.jpg

Grades are fairly close, IMO. 7.0 seems right for the #1. I'd probably go a half grade lower on the #2 and #3.

BTW, regarding the unusual puckering on the back of the Avengers #1...

My bet is that this moisture puckering is the result of a bad press job (too much moisture used and not pressed properly), or the entire book had moisture rippling and this is what the press job DIDN'T take out.

The moisture pattern is too strange to be caused by regular ol' moisture exposure.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif