• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mazzucchelli Batman Year One storyline pt 2 cover

26 posts in this topic

Bob Kane's (or was it Bill Finger's?) Batman origon was all of one page long. And when you read Year One you will see how Miller cleverly kept all of it and wrote what happenned BETWEEN the 6 or 8 Kane panels. He imagined a huge backstory to what sufficed for a suoerhero comics origin back in 1939.

But, as much as I admire Mazzucheli as one of the very best Batman artists ever - - 12 grand is a bit high for me on this piece. Great Batman pose, but thats all you get... no bkgnd. no nothing.

Bob Kane's (or was it Bill Finger's?) Batman origon was all of one page long. And when you read Year One you will see how Miller cleverly kept all of it and wrote what happenned BETWEEN the 6 or 8 Kane panels. He imagined a huge backstory to what sufficed for a suoerhero comics origin back in 1939.

But, as much as I admire Mazzucheli as one of the very best Batman artists ever - - 12 grand is a bit high for me on this piece. Great Batman pose, but thats all you get... no bkgnd. no nothing.

I'm intrigued . . . any chance of uploading some example pages from the printed comic-book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Up to now, my only experience of Mazzuchelli's art is the (minimalistic) cover that started this discussion.

that became his style. It was halfway between Toth and Miller with a touch of David Lloyd. Spare brushwork, but all perfectly placed. Simple AND realistic at the same time.

And if you think that cover is 'minimalism', check out RUBBER BLANKETS. After DC work, he went strictly creator owned indie, and REALLY loosened the reins. Nice stuff.... but IMO, I wish he'd have done lots more comics instead.