• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Astonishing Tales 13
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I think this can get to 8.0/8.5 with proper C&P prep. I see slightly rounded corners, a little edge wear in the tree next to Zabu, and a little white spot between the Z & A of the title. Not sure what that is, so some ambiguity in whether this is a more significant defect. It's possible the white cover hides some defects, I think we had another copy of this book posted here recently and that was the disclaimer of several graders.

On 10/29/2022 at 5:28 PM, scburdet said:

I think this can get to 8.0/8.5 with proper C&P prep. I see slightly rounded corners, a little edge wear in the tree next to Zabu, and a little white spot between the Z & A of the title. Not sure what that is, so some ambiguity in whether this is a more significant defect. It's possible the white cover hides some defects, I think we had another copy of this book posted here recently and that was the disclaimer of several graders.

Hi, thanks for taking the time. I meant to mention that I think that white spot is a printing error as there is no loss of material there and it is very smooth but I am far from an expert.

It can be hard to tell what's printing & what's not, but if it's consistently glossy across the area, there's a better than average chance it's a printing defect of some kind. Really would need it in hand with a light and magnifying glass to get a better idea. Just part of the limitations of online grading.

On 10/29/2022 at 6:05 PM, scburdet said:

It can be hard to tell what's printing & what's not, but if it's consistently glossy across the area, there's a better than average chance it's a printing defect of some kind. Really would need it in hand with a light and magnifying glass to get a better idea. Just part of the limitations of online grading.

Ya, I hear ya. Not an exact science even in person let alone via pics. It's definitely not a tape pull and the surface is very consistent when you run your finger past it so that leads me to lean towards it being a printing thing but I have been wrong before, just ask my wife 😄

On 10/29/2022 at 6:05 PM, scburdet said:

It’s an ink blotch. I posted a Batman 189 that had a very similar error. It is printing.