• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM What If #1
2 2

15 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2022 at 5:15 PM, mephistopheles said:

3.5 It started out pretty good, but dropped a grade with every picture I scrolled through.

Exactly my opinion. The wide-angle front cover shot looked pretty good. This one's a poster child for why the forum rules request both covers and close-ups of areas of concern! My thoughts as I went through this:

• Well, some of that UL FC might press out okay...
  • Hmm... are those color breaking creases in the UPC box? Oooh, and a scuff on Mr. Fantastic's shirt. That's a shame.
  • Now I see what Ben's reaching out for. He really dog-eared the Thing out of that LR corner, didn't he...
  • Aaaand crinkly back cover with hideous tape residue stain, mangled corner. Is that a tear at bottom-center? And so forth.

There's a chance that a C&P might fix some of the crinkles and maybe mitigate the stain, but I don't think it's going to resolve completely barring divine intervention. And nothing can deal with the paper surface scuffs or color breaking creases. I'll go 3.5 here also -- and if they're feeling generous about the tape residue, 4.0, but I feel CGC has been hammering stains of all sorts for awhile now! -- but it presents nicely for its grade. From the front, anyway.