• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is why I think the market could bottom.....!?

6 posts in this topic

One good example why this comicbook marketplace is screwed up or their sense of worth and value is misdirected. Her is a link to an auction for a "modern" age comicbook at an outrageous price. I would put the same money for a S.A. comic or a more rarity book that is worth of a high price?? mad.gifooo.gifconfused.gifULTIMATE SPIDERMAN #1 WHITE COVER CGC9.6

This is why I think the market could bottom on Hi-grade CGC books. The stuff the average collector buys has just been plodding along.

(Actually it's kind of been stagnating for about 7 years) cool.gif

This person is going to take a bath on ebay fees...did they even bother to do a completed auction search on the books they are selling??!!?? I believe this person is trying to sell 7 copies of the white cover USM 1 9.6 with a STARTING price of $500...whoa, that is an insane asking price.

The white cover USMs are not the worst examples of this sellers insane prices...a RAW ASM 238 that they claim is mint (not even NM, but mint...ballsy) for a starting bid of $100 (BIN of 250.00)?!?!? Not to mention the ASM 300 for a starting price of 200, the ASM 129 (claims it is NM...sure buddy) for an opening bid of 450 (and he has multiples of these books with these insane opening bids).

This seller is trying to flip tons of books they massively over-paid for (when I checked out the sellers feedback, I discovered the idjit paid $500 for at least one of the 9.6 USM 1s...so it looks like they are trying to flip these books for at least a break-even amount). This seller is a very dumb flipper...you flip books that you bought low, not overpaid by, in some cases, several hundred dollars.

I almost feel sorry for this person, I can see if this person was clueless, and paid cover price for a bunch of USM 1s when they came out, and honestly felt that they could get 500 for the books...but to have won some from ebay for 500 dollars with the expectation that they could be turned around for a profit...wow, poor seller, some sellers on ebay took advantage of this sucker/seller BIG time!!!

Instead of laughing at this seller, I want to cry on their behalf, all of that wasted money (possibly thousands of dollars...sigh).

What they need to do is wait until May/June 2004 to try to sell these books, and even then...the starting bids need to be reduced by AT LEAST 50-65 percent (which means they will take a loss, but it beats losing all the money you "invested" on said comic books).

The starting bids need to drop by at least 65-75 percent for the raw "NM" and "Mint" books this person is selling...unless they wise up and get them CGCed (heck, if this sellers asms 121, 129, 238, 300, etc., are true CGC 9.6/9.8s...then some of the silly money spent on these books can be recouped, ESPECIALLY duing 2004s Spider-Man movie hype).