• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
7 7

380 posts in this topic

Greetings, Gang! 

So I ran across a gorgeous stack of McFarlane Spideys, and tried an experiment. I believe my "moderns" were too OLD for that crowd, lol  Thread is still active, feel free to go take a look. 

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is winding down. Check for bundles at the end, and a couple modest discounts! - Copper / Modern Age Only - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

But in the meanwhile, my usual mix of fun stuff continued to accumulate, and I have a nice big stack of G/S/B for your holiday enjoyment!

Here are a handful of (relatively) Early Birds for your amusement while you're taking a break from basting that damned bird, and checking the pies.

It's good to be home!

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.
(There just wasn't much tomfoolery over there in C/M, I missed it.  Please feel free to indulge)

$10.00  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$17.00 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
$17.00 for slabs, double boxed,  shipped Priority. 

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER GREATLY PREFERRED
, I despise paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/196720-catrick339-nuff-said/#comments

Here we go!

Crack Comics 10

Good amount of general wear, smeared arrival stamp and light store stamp in logo, small split and chip upper spine, small split lower spine, 
and ANOTHER small split just above lower staple. Good gloss, tight with white pages 

Asking $200

MdFU8nz.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Foiur Color 103, Easter With Mother Goose

WUPS,  wrong holiday!

Chock full of Walt Kelly art
Buncha tiny tears RH edge interior, and the CF is loose,  but otherwise tight on the single staple, with general wear and offwhite pages. 

Yours for $20

k9UHNxH.jpg

Any western fans out there? Here's a sharp one.

Gene Autry Comics 8

Flat and tight,  white pages, just a faint whiff of general wear. Finish is matte, but I believe it started that way, 
it's far too consistent across the entire cover to be wear and aging. 

Grab a nice one for $40

WaNaTU7.jpg

Warlock 2

General wear on a solid midgrade issue, good gloss, tight spine and CF, white pages.
Better grab your reader copies before the next GOTG movie! More of the early Bronze series coming in this thread.

Asking $10  SOLD!

QiwMxwC.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Man Comics 21
A Precode beauty.

Flat, tight spine and CF, clean, white pages, super glossy. 
I see a teensy scritchy scratch in the "M" in the logo, and a bit of minor wear on the spine, that's about it. 

Grab a real gem for $300

AyU8jBX.jpg

On 11/24/2022 at 10:30 AM, Readcomix said:

Woo whoo! He’s back! :banana: I just KNOW he got me a Fast Willie #2! :cloud9:

Nope. How about a Vicki 4 instead?

On 11/24/2022 at 5:05 PM, 707comics said:

Both is always an option as well :)

Nah. Try as I might, I can NOT nap and eat cake at the same time. Too many crumbs in the recliner. It's GOT  to be one and then the other.

All right Gang! Time to push out some interesting funnybooks and suchlike. 

First up, Overstreet Price Guide 4, 1974 
This is my personal copy, the first I ever saw, bought it immediately, took it home and read Every. Single. Word. 
It was as if the Heavens opened and manna rained gently down upon me. Before then, except for the letters pages
in Marvel Comics, there wasn't a lot out out there that convinced me there were other weirdos like me. 

Here's the reason I'm letting it go:  Just scored a high grade hardcover copy,  so off goes the original.

NOT FOR SALE!

20221124_183422.jpg

Here's the one that is:

Plenty of wear along spine both FC and BC, and worse along the back, I DID read it constantly until I got my next copy, #7.
But it has held together nicely inspite of it all, and the interior is unmarked, I was never one for making notes inside
of my copies. 

Asking $10  SOLD!

XkA39L8.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 11/24/2022 at 6:44 PM, catrick339 said:

All right Gang! Time to push out some interesting funnybooks and suchlike. 

First up, Overstreet Price Guide 4, 1974 
This is my personal copy, the first I ever saw, bought it immediately, took it home and read Every. Single. Word. 
It was as if the Heavens opened and manna rained gently down upon me. Before then, except for the letters pages
in Marvel Comics, there wasn't a lot out out there that convinced me there were other weirdos like me. 

Here's the reason I'm letting it go:  Just scored a high grade hardcover copy,  so off goes the original.

NOT FOR SALE!

20221124_183422.jpg

Here's the one that is:

Plenty of wear along spine both FC and BC, and worse along the back, I DID read it constantly until I got my next copy, #7.
But it has held together nicely inspite of it all, and the interior is unmarked, I was never one for making notes inside
of my copies. 

Asking $10

XkA39L8.jpg

Take 

Uncle Scrooge 180
Drat! One issue off from the rare #179, although this one isn't easy to find either, and certainly not in grade. 

Drop dead gorgeous copy. News stand fresh. Flat, clean,  glossy. tight, white pages. 
On super-close inspection I see one  teensy bend on the spine that barely breaks color, and that's pretty much it.

Asking $60 for a beauty. 

zAUtfLM.jpg

I can't spot the color break in the scan, it's on the spine juuust above the door in the side of the piggy bank. 
Look closely, it's there, :D 

Astonishing Tales 25
First appearance Deathlok

General wear, dangling chad upper RH FC, price in marker upper LH FC
Tight and flat enough,  white pages
(My GOOD copy went out for a slab to The Other Guys, came back an 8.5)

Asking  $25   SOLD!

6n4XCTG.jpg

Edited by catrick339