• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TEC 29

43 posts in this topic

Here's a question for you Mark.

Lots of times I hear people refer to some vague Federal statute which supposedly requires sellers to take returns or something on items mailed through the post office- but in trying to look through code, I've never found it.

The closest thing I've found is the False Representations section in US Code Title 39, Part IV, Chapter 30, §3005

Do you know of any code about returns?

I think they may be referring to the Uniform Commercial Code which pertains to the buying and selling of goods, if my law school memory remains. I am so far removed from this area of law that I can't opine past that. Check the thread in the General Section about returns as there is some discussion there.

Sorry, kinda useless on this question. But I can tell you how to retain your security clearance if you want!

hey there are two books that I used to own that are now part of Eric Robert's collection! Guess I'll never be able to buy back those two books! His collection is mind boggling! He has been paying some huge prices for some great books! I always wondered who it was who was buying these great books, thanks for sharing the information! How old is he?

I met Mr. Roberts briefly at the Comic Heaven booth in San Diego this year. He and a friend were talking to John Verzyl. (presumably about incredibly valuable comics they own).

Oh, so that's the name of the guy I was talking to at John's booth for quite a while. He was telling me about the 'Tec #29 and how he usually picks up a couple of nice books every year at the SD Con. Believe he was in the process of deciding between a couple of Church books from 2nd tier publishers since he was not overly impressed with the label notes on the More Fun #73.

He appeared to be relatively young (mid-30's) and I thought he might have made his money during the tech bubble. Felt like asking where he got his money from, but thought this would have been in poor taste. Well, I guess I have the answer now anyways.