• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Signature Series Opportunities - NYC National Nov.18-20

34 posts in this topic

don't you have anything better to do gas boy??? tiz.gif

He can't help himself. It's his mutant power.

the dude can be the new toxic avenger. 893applaud-thumb.gif

With adamantium underwear to contain his mighty mutant power. flamed.gif

Maybe instead of saying, "Flame on!!", he can say, "Gas on!!"

he can be the leader of the new mutant group the feraciuos farts 893whatthe.gif

I smell a story brewing. "The Toxic Avenger and His Team, The Ferocious Farts"

So, let me know if I got this right...

I can make arrangements for CGC to send over a witness, then I hand over the book to them for slabbing,

OR

I can drop a UNSIGNED book off and CGC will get it signed for me, slab it and mail it back to me?

I can make arrangements for CGC to send over a witness, then I hand over the book to them for slabbing,

OR

I can drop a UNSIGNED book off and CGC will get it signed for me, slab it and mail it back to me?

It is preferrable that you drop off the UNSIGNED book and CGC will arrange for it to get signed for you, and then we will submit it for grading and the book will be mailed back to you directly from CGC.

However, if we cannot get it signed for you there will be no charge and your book will be available for pick up at the end of the show.

We recommend dropping off the unsigned book because CGC witnesses are not always available to go over and join people in line to witness the signing, and we make special arrangements with creators to sign the books for us during off-peak times.

You can always check first to see if someone is available.

Of course, at CGC booth signings you can drop your book off after you get it signed because we will have a witness at the booth for the duration of the signing.

I wasn't sneezing then so that's a pretty good pic!

We had an excellent success rate. The signing with Jimmy Palmiotti went very well! All books submitted for Signature Series to me directly at the CGC booth were signed and submitted.

Creator with most books submitted for Signature Series at the National: Neal Adams

Top Book Submitted For Signature Series at the National (for both walk-up booth submissions and dealer submissions): All Star Superman #1 Neal Adams Variant Cover - signed by Neal Adams with a silver paint pen

Note: because of the slick coating used by DC Comics for the All Star line of books regular sharpies do not dry properly and the sharpies "bead up" and look terrible. This is a problem common with the covers Marvel uses for the Ultimate Line (the Ultimate covers are much flimsier compared to the thick cardstock DC uses). If you are going to get these books signed I suggest you find a nice paint pen similar to what Mr. Adams had available for the All Star Supermans (paint pens are available in most colors). Keep in mind that these pens take longer to dry and can smudge or streak if not given sufficient time to dry.

I wasn't sneezing then so that's a pretty good pic!

We had an excellent success rate. The signing with Jimmy Palmiotti went very well! All books submitted for Signature Series to me directly at the CGC booth were signed and submitted.

Creator with most books submitted for Signature Series at the National: Neal Adams

Top Book Submitted For Signature Series at the National (for both walk-up booth submissions and dealer submissions): All Star Superman #1 Neal Adams Variant Cover - signed by Neal Adams with a silver paint pen

Note: because of the slick coating used by DC Comics for the All Star line of books regular sharpies do not dry properly and the sharpies "bead up" and look terrible. This is a problem common with the covers Marvel uses for the Ultimate Line (the Ultimate covers are much flimsier compared to the thick cardstock DC uses). If you are going to get these books signed I suggest you find a nice paint pen similar to what Mr. Adams had available for the All Star Supermans (paint pens are available in most colors). Keep in mind that these pens take longer to dry and can smudge or streak if not given sufficient time to dry.

kev you look great thumbsup2.gif

Stop it your going to make him blush.gif

FRIDAY NIGHT:

You know who you are!!!!!!

chickenleg.gifchickenleg.gifchickenleg.gifchickenleg.gifchickenleg.gifchickenleg.gifcow.gifcow.gifsteak.gif

eat.gifeat.gifeat.gifeat.gifeat.gif

i was thinking across the street?

Reservation has been made 8:00 p.m tonight.

All those who do not know where, please contact me.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif