• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR.X's Christmas Contest 2022 Ends Tonight 12/18 at 7 Central
15 15

743 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2022 at 8:33 PM, DR.X said:

Someone go find WolverineX. He's probably running loose, as he did win two prizes. :whee:

Goodness, between Messi finally winning the World Cup and placing in Dr X's Holiday Contest, Christmas came early for me this year.

Hat's off to the good Doctor.  Thanks again for holding such a wonderful holiday tradition on these boards.  Look forward to it every year.  

giphy.gif

Edited by WolverineX

On 12/18/2022 at 8:26 PM, fmaz said:

Thanks so much for a great contest! I wish I could take a lot of credit for my fantastic guess… but I’ve guessed $1212.12 every year… so… 😂

Do you do the same with the lotto? Is it better odds?

On 12/18/2022 at 9:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Do you do the same with the lotto? Is it better odds?

I figure I could try to count the coins… or… you know… I am fond of the #12, so … that’s a lot faster. 

But as for lotto, I have never played for JUST that reason. I feel like if I ever started to play a set of numbers… I feel like I’d have to play them forever, since once I stopped, I know they’d hit, because…to quote the great Michael Scott:

image.gif.105b96ece5f460590b8d391016cfc0a7.gif

On 12/18/2022 at 8:37 PM, fmaz said:

I figure I could try to count the coins… or… you know… I am fond of the #12, so … that’s a lot faster. 

But as for lotto, I have never played for JUST that reason. I feel like if I ever started to play a set of numbers… I feel like I’d have to play them forever, since once I stopped, I know they’d hit, because…to quote the great Michael Scott:

image.gif.105b96ece5f460590b8d391016cfc0a7.gif

I don't play either, and I didn't mean to sound like counting change was similar to the lotto either 😂

I get a kick out of this contest because as a kid my step dad had an old wine or liquor bottle with a cork, tall bottle with coins. We always used to wonder how much?

Everytime I'd almost get my dad to count the change, he'd settle on, "I'm not walking into the bank with an old liquor bottle worth of change!" 😆

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I have unleashed the monsters! @DougC Monsters Unleashed omnibus-looking humungoid hardcover was mailed today. I will pm you tracking. I believe if you type it into flightaware.com you can track Santa’s progress in delivering it. (Of course, I believe a lotta things if I drink enough bourbon!) 

Thanks Dr. X for throwing this bash every year! Happy holidays everyone!

On 12/18/2022 at 9:37 PM, fmaz said:

But as for lotto, I have never played for JUST that reason. I feel like if I ever started to play a set of numbers… I feel like I’d have to play them forever

Yup

I used to play a random quick pick here and there, but one day started using birthdays.  Big mistake.  Once you play a fixed set of numbers, you have to play them forever.  Skip a week and those numbers hit?

Good luck dealing with that :insane:

On 12/22/2022 at 11:45 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Yup

I used to play a random quick pick here and there, but one day started using birthdays.  Big mistake.  Once you play a fixed set of numbers, you have to play them forever.  Skip a week and those numbers hit?

Good luck dealing with that :insane:

Yes, this is exactly what I mean.  God bless you and keep you my friend for the curse now upon your head. It’s almost like you have to look at it like you’re paying “protection money” to the mob by buying these tickets now… you’re doing so, not to materially benefit yourself in anyway, but because of fear that if you stop, something awful will happen. 😂

On 12/23/2022 at 8:23 AM, fmaz said:

Yes, this is exactly what I mean.  God bless you and keep you my friend for the curse now upon your head. It’s almost like you have to look at it like you’re paying “protection money” to the mob by buying these tickets now… you’re doing so, not to materially benefit yourself in anyway, but because of fear that if you stop, something awful will happen. 😂

100%

What’s really fun is when you do forget to play....and have to check the numbers to make sure they didn’t hit.  :ohnoez: