• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evil Ernie fans. A question. (Don’t know where to put this)

4 posts in this topic

Long ago, many moons ago I remember being on a film/tv/commercial/or music video set and someone in the Assistant Director department (1st AD?) and he was fiddling and drawing on a piece of paper. I said what’s that and he said it’s “my new character I want to develop into a comic book called Evil Ernie”.And I remember his drawing looked like the Evil Ernie of today. 

is the original artist from the film world? Or original creator from the film world?

Edited by NoMan

You got me curious, so I tried doing a quick search. Wikipedia shows Brian Pulido and Steven Hughes as the creators. Brian Pulido seems to have some credits (on IMDb) but it doesn't go back farther than the early 2000s. Couldn't find much on Hughes other than he passed away in 2000. May have been Pulido that you met/talked to? (shrug)

On 12/19/2022 at 7:43 AM, NoMan said:

Long ago, many moons ago I remember being on a film/tv/commercial/or music video set and someone in the Assistant Director department (1st AD?) and he was fiddling and drawing on a piece of paper. I said what’s that and he said it’s “my new character I want to develop into a comic book called Evil Ernie”.And I remember his drawing looked like the Evil Ernie of today. 

is the original artist from the film world? Or original creator from the film world?

Yes,

Pulido was the assistant director on Death Collector (1988) and Tougher Than Leather (1988) and the 1st appearance of Evil Ernie is from 1991.

Edited by Artboy99

On 12/19/2022 at 5:10 PM, Artboy99 said:

Yes,

Pulido was the assistant director on Death Collector (1988) and Tougher Than Leather (1988) and the 1st appearance of Evil Ernie is from 1991.

Yup. Than that was him