• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1966 - 1969 Spiderman Posters

7 posts in this topic

Here are my 4 Spiderman posters the 6 foot monster from 1966, and two 3 footers from the same year. I question if the "brighter one" is an original just because it has the shinier print to it but I really don't know. Notice how the copyrite info is different between the two but the image and title are exactly the same. Also the surrounding white is less on the later poster - maybe trimmed? I would appreciate any info anyone may have.

The 1969 poster is my all time favorite with the 1969 copyrite date as opposed to the 1970 date that some have (though I haven't actaully seen this but the otehr posters in the set have both dates).

Spidey6ftLou.jpgasmposter2.jpg

asmposter4footA.jpg

asmposter4ft.jpg

Very cool! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I had a chance to pick up a bunch of Marvel posters a few years ago but passed, because the dealer was missing the one I really wanted, the Steranko Captain America poster.

The 1969 goes for $700 to $1000

The 1966 for $400-500

The Large 1966 by Ditko, this one would sell for $800-$1200 more if in better shape

All market dependent as always.

Here are the tubes that came from the sellers which is nice.

The bottom one is for the 1969 and the top one is either for the small or large 1966 as they both came in it from the same purchase.

asmPostertubes.jpg