• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Thor 144
2 2

9 posts in this topic

This is not something I would send to CGC b/c it lacks any kind of real significance. I am interested to see how well people's grading agrees/disagrees with the seller. I got a long run of Thors in the early 2000s & all the bags have/had a little grade sticker. Personally, I think the seller undergraded many of the books by current standards (a rarity). All that said, this is a pretty good cover for a book with few memorable aspects.

PXL_20221230_025734688.jpg

PXL_20221230_030001294.jpg

On 12/30/2022 at 1:50 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

when the cover is opened, and left unsupported

Here ya go.

Spoiler

Since there are a few replies now, the seller tagged this one as VG (4.0). I know he used the full Overstreet scale b/c I have many books from different runs I bought from him that have all the grades. Some higher grades were even as detailed as to break things down by tenths (82/8.2, 83/8.3, 84/8.4, etc). I even remember the guys ebay handle, which isn't around anymore.

PXL_20221230_193826719.jpg

PXL_20221230_193837073.jpg

PXL_20221230_193918896.jpg

PXL_20221230_195144869.jpg

PXL_20221230_195224446.jpg

I'd go fine on this too now, seeing those extra pics. I read somewhere, a long time ago, that if you use Overstreet you can go through a book and list every tiny defect and essentially grade the nicest book down to zero. Sounds like your seller did something along those lines, which has benefitted you in receiving those books. Look forward to seeing more of your books from that seller.

On 12/31/2022 at 3:50 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Look forward to seeing more of your books from that seller

Half (or more)  of the copper & bronze books (especially the Marvel horror books & Conan) I've posted over the last 6 months came from this seller. I just kept buying his full runs on ebay when I had the cash. I don't think "full runs" is even a sub-category on ebay anymore, but I would hit these listings hard. Guy's name was Stephen Ritter. IDK if he was a store owner, or just a collector liquidating a collection over a long period of time, either way I made him a few bucks back in the day on comics that were in medium, at best, demand most of the time.