• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

second submission with multiple comics, why are they changing the fees while filling out the form?

10 posts in this topic

I am in the process of submitting my second bunch of comics  and as I list them, CGC is changing the fee while I am filling out the form? What am I doing wrong? The comics I am submitting are Modern, 1975 to present (24.00). but they keep changing the fee to standard. (80.00) WHY?

On 12/31/2022 at 1:09 PM, dlkeena said:

I am in the process of submitting my second bunch of comics  and as I list them, CGC is changing the fee while I am filling out the form? What am I doing wrong? The comics I am submitting are Modern, 1975 to present (24.00). but they keep changing the fee to standard. (80.00) WHY?

What's your declared value?  I just went through the submission portal and everything was fine.

some of them are a declared value of 400.00 and some are 1000.00 but they are all coming out as the standard level fee of 80.00

has this anything to do with the level of member ship ? I can see this maybe this happening after they are graded, if they grade 9.8 and the value comes out higher then the declared value, but I don't know what they are going to grade. I basically are using what they are selling for on eBay 

On 1/3/2023 at 1:56 PM, dlkeena said:

some of them are a declared value of 400.00 and some are 1000.00 but they are all coming out as the standard level fee of 80.00

has this anything to do with the level of member ship ? I can see this maybe this happening after they are graded, if they grade 9.8 and the value comes out higher then the declared value, but I don't know what they are going to grade. I basically are using what they are selling for on eBay 

the website isn't perfect, maybe use a different browser or device?  Barring that, I'd call customer service and see if you can walk through the submission process with them.

On 1/3/2023 at 1:56 PM, dlkeena said:

The maximum declared value for moderns is $400 so it makes sense that any of the books you're declaring as $1000 would be bumped to standard and thus billed as $80.  As for the $400 items, sounds like a question for the Ask CGC thread and/or @CGC Mike.

CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)