• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are Your Magazine Resolutions for 2023?
4 4

22 posts in this topic

My main goal for 2023, of course, is to complete my collection of Warren magazines (sans Famous Monsters of Filmland), which will consist of acquiring:

EERIE #1 (fat chance)

After Hours #4

HELP! #12b

HELP! #12c

Heidi Saha

House of Horror

...and of course the 12 issues and 2 Annuals of SHUDDER and VAMPIRESS CARMILLA that will be released by Christmas 2023.

What are your biggest targets for the new year?

On 12/31/2022 at 10:37 PM, Axe Elf said:

My main goal for 2023, of course, is to complete my collection of Warren magazines (sans Famous Monsters of Filmland), which will consist of acquiring:

EERIE #1 (fat chance)

After Hours #4

HELP! #12b

HELP! #12c

Heidi Saha

House of Horror

...and of course the 12 issues and 2 Annuals of SHUDDER and VAMPIRESS CARMILLA that will be released by Christmas 2023.

What are your biggest targets for the new year?

Filling in more Warrens to keep ahead of the Reading Club, and hopefully make some progress on the last few Marvel mags I'm still working on.

This past year the IRS saw fit to tax me 30K on a purchase of a home. I I have had little time to devote to my collection. So my resolution is to upgrade a few chosen Warren's, such as a Blazing Combat 1 in 8.0+

Nothing big. 

On 1/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, OtherEric said:

One of these days people are going to figure out what's in that NatLamp and start asking stupid money for it...

Just got the Lampoon Issue finally.  I had it as a kid.  Everyone assumes the issue before is the one to get.  It's not.  :)  Edit: Actually I just got a 2nd one.  So once I get them both I'm going to keep the best one and sell the other for my cost + shipping.  

Edited by EMazman

On 1/19/2023 at 6:58 PM, OtherEric said:

One of these days people are going to figure out what's in that NatLamp and start asking stupid money for it...

Ok, I'll bite.  I looked at an electronic copy and didn't see anything that stood out to me as particularly collectible, so I'll advertise my ignorance and ask.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, Axe Elf said:

Ok, I'll bite.  I looked at an electronic copy and didn't see anything that stood out to me as particularly collectible, so I'll advertise my ignorance and ask.

Vacation 58 by John Hughes.

I’m not saying they SHOULD ask stupid money for it, just that they will.

Edited by OtherEric

On 1/20/2023 at 1:29 PM, OtherEric said:

Vacation 58 by John Hughes.

Is that what the movies were based on?  I was wondering if that was THE John Hughes.  I probably should have made that connection, but I figured it might be either that or the Joe Orlando comic.  Just that Orlando doesn't seem to have the kind of appeal that some of the bigger artists might have.

Good to know!

On 1/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, Axe Elf said:

Is that what the movies were based on?  I was wondering if that was THE John Hughes.  I probably should have made that connection, but I figured it might be either that or the Joe Orlando comic.  Just that Orlando doesn't seem to have the kind of appeal that some of the bigger artists might have.

Good to know!

Agreed, I don't think Orlando would drive sellers to jump their prices.  Some of the other NatLamp artists do, though... Frazetta, Adams, Wrightson, Windsor-Smith, and the list goes on.  There were a crazy number of great comic artists working on NatLamp in the 70's

On 1/20/2023 at 2:21 PM, OtherEric said:

Agreed, I don't think Orlando would drive sellers to jump their prices.  Some of the other NatLamp artists do, though... Frazetta, Adams, Wrightson, Windsor-Smith, and the list goes on.  There were a crazy number of great comic artists working on NatLamp in the 70's

Try to find this National Lampoon  Frazetta book in high grade, just not around, April 71.

20230122_085003.thumb.jpg.4a8b068e5c18b925cd57f6ea18f37d18.jpg