• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is AVENGERS #71 cgc 9.8 a $7K book?

6 posts in this topic

I saw this book today realize this price (not sure but I don't think that price included the juice) on AuctionZip....maybe I have missed some movie news or something? The last few on heritage went for about 1/2 that price. There are over 30 copies in 9.8 too. ???

You have to take people's pricing with a grain of salt. I saw a Daredevil #1, ungraded, listed for $100K. I'm toying with the idea of buying a low level 2.0-3.0 version of that book, and it looked like a 2.5-3.5 from the pictures. I contacted the seller thinking maybe he made a typo, but, no, that's the blue sky price he has on the book. You can get a 9.8-9.6 CGC of that book for $100K, give or take. You see that kind of stuff all the time, because people who aren't in a hurry to sell can hold out and hope someone will pay their price. 

On 1/2/2023 at 12:40 PM, CHodges said:

You have to take people's pricing with a grain of salt. I saw a Daredevil #1, ungraded, listed for $100K. I'm toying with the idea of buying a low level 2.0-3.0 version of that book, and it looked like a 2.5-3.5 from the pictures. I contacted the seller thinking maybe he made a typo, but, no, that's the blue sky price he has on the book. You can get a 9.8-9.6 CGC of that book for $100K, give or take. You see that kind of stuff all the time, because people who aren't in a hurry to sell can hold out and hope someone will pay their price. 

i hear ya but this was a straight auction.