• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tales Of Suspense #94
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Still deciding on my first Silver Age submission and this should be the last one I need help with.

once again any opinions gratefully received.

Tiny tear to bottom middle front page.

Also some weirdness going off on the back cover. Feels raised like dots. I’m not sure if at some stage it got damp and something stuck to it ?

Cheers again.

B5DF1671-C042-45C1-8E1A-7CD02155B572.jpeg

5CC66209-EA83-4475-9843-6BED375BB4CF.jpeg

A64B91B6-0A17-4BCD-AD7C-644693B85C0E.jpeg

AC0317E0-B336-4F44-88FC-D23BBCAF3ACE.jpeg

Any idea if this book was pressed? The CGC book lists some defect from improper pressing. I can't tell if the blue spots on the back are some kind of distributor's ink or ink transfer. A hard one to judge from photos.

On 1/3/2023 at 7:47 PM, scburdet said:

Any idea if this book was pressed? The CGC book lists some defect from improper pressing. I can't tell if the blue spots on the back are some kind of distributor's ink or ink transfer. A hard one to judge from photos.

It doesn’t appear to have been pressed.

The blue dots feel kind of raised. Going off the shape I can only presume it’s some sort of tide line that some ink or something has stuck to it ?

On 1/3/2023 at 4:21 PM, Quagmire25 said:

some ink

I'll defer to others who think this is distributor ink. It definitely has that look. FWIW the CGC book says 1" wide and 0.25" is not penalized. Beyond that they are ambiguous about what does to the grade considering the aesthetics. 6.0–9.8 is what the book says. I don't think this is terrible distribution ink, it's on the back and not excessive. Given the front of the book has some spine stress, edge wear and a tear/crease at the center of the bottom edge of the front cover as well as what looks like a light stain on the TRBC, I wouldn't worry about the ink. All these other defects put the ceiling around 5.0/5.5 & that's what I'd guess for a grade 

Appears to have light stains on the back cover in addition to the distributor overspray.

4.0/4.5

Thanks for posting.