• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Daredevil 17 (Golden Age WWII)
1 1

9 posts in this topic

WWII "hanging cover"

Cover is detatched.  Small piece out where the staple connected on the back cover.  Sun Shadows on both front & back covers.

3/4" spine split at top.  Some interior pages have a stain in the lower corner

IMG_4798.jpeg

IMG_4799.jpeg

IMG_4800.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

Since I have the CGC book now, it seems that 4.0 is the upper limit for the completely detached cover, so you've hit pretty high to the max allowable. A little surprising all the other stuff would have a minimal deduction on top of that. I bet it looks pretty cool in the slab regardless.

On 1/24/2023 at 8:06 PM, gadzukes said:

It got a 3.5 "conserved"

I'll have to go back & see what the conserved is. 

I'm getting old.  I had forgotten what I had done for this book.  Here's the scoop.

So.... after I posted the comic here for you guys to grade, I discovered that it was missing the CF (bummer).  But.... I found a remaindered copy on ebay and married the cover of this one onto the innards of that one.  Somehow that get's a conserved label now?

Anyway...... I feel like it's a happy ending for this comic.  3.5 conserved isn't bad.