• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shortboxed Review
3 3

23 posts in this topic

I just amended the review in the title I had originally gave.

I recently had some books for sale, and one had an offer made, near asking, and sold within days of listing. Got paid fairly quickly, all things considered. Will definitely be using Shortboxed more going forward and glad I changed my mind about the app.

Thanks to this thread, I tried it out - works pretty cool. I like the fact it self-populates all the slab information just from the photos. It's a pretty neat app, hopefully I can sell some stuff there - would be a lot easier than the Bay. I also like how easy the search filters are.

>I also like how easy the search filters are.<   I had the opposite reaction - I find their filter system cumbersome and quite limited, and hope they can improve it. To wit:

--You can only search by one option per search category.  For example, you can't search for Silver and Bronze age - only one at a time. 
--Some of the search category options are arbitrary.  The "grades" filter especially.  This should be a dual selection, lowest to highest grade desired.  Not three catch-alls. 
--The "category" filter is pretty useless. 
--The "artist" filter is ambitious but there is no way to list all of the artists one might be interested in. There's no Lou Fine. Or Basil Wolverton. Or Graham Ingels. Etc. 
--More often than not, after you've entered filters *and* run a sort, you get just one screen of options. This is a programming glitch - refreshing or re-doing sometimes helps, but not often. indeed, the Sort feature is separate from Filter and tends to cause problems. 

Edited by Gambold Vintage