• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ADVENTURE COMICS 329
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I got it for 20$. The seller listed it as F-VF, but there's no way with the stains. The centerfold is also loose on one of the staples. I worked a bit on the stain using peroxide + hot press, but it's in the paper deep. Still need to press it a couple times I think.

action.jpg

action2.png

action3.png

aaction4.png

action6.png

2.5±0.5. F/VF is comically high, so I hope that seller was grading comics for the first time. The staining is pretty severe, if not in area, in hurting the appearance. Letter of the CGC law the staining alone might set the ceiling around 5, but I think they would hit this harder.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:40 PM, scburdet said:

2.5±0.5. F/VF is comically high, so I hope that seller was grading comics for the first time. The staining is pretty severe, if not in area, in hurting the appearance. Letter of the CGC law the staining alone might set the ceiling around 5, but I think they would hit this harder.

Yeah I figured he was over-grading based on the cover stain, but the general condition is worse than expected. Usually I assume 1 grade lower than described. The risks of buying on ebay I guess.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:34 PM, mephistopheles said:

1 grade lower

Pretty much my presumption & I'm trying to be a little more careful now. Asking for more photos & not assuming the listings missing something like a back cover photo can be trusted. There are some ebay sellers who grade well, but I think everyone knows who they are, and you pay accordingly.